Are you still using a WP7 Device?

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Do you own any of these devices?

Which device is it?

If yes, are you going to buy a new device?

Are you happy with your 3-4 year old mobile?

Write down, I want to learn!

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 900 that I use as a spare, Don't think many ppl would buy a WP7 device nowadays though seeing as a lot of cheap WP8.1 now on the market, WP7 is still superior in ways compared to WP8 as integration with FB and messaging was better and of course Zune was great 😊

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You left this post up for only a couple hours.
Its a given that not as many people use Windows Phone 7 devices, but, you didn't wait long enough, not everyone hangs out here 24/7, give it time.

I gotta figure he's not a fan of the NFL. Oh by the way, I use a Titan II from time to time. WP7 was, IMO, much more fluid and quicker despite single core CPUs and only 512 RAM. If the apps that are available for WP8 were to be compatible for 7, I doubt I'd use anything else. Just my opinion, don't hate on me.

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I gotta figure he's not a fan of the NFL. Oh by the way, I use a Titan II from time to time. WP7 was, IMO, much more fluid and quicker despite single core CPUs and only 512 RAM. If the apps that are available for WP8 were to be compatible for 7, I doubt I'd use anything else. Just my opinion, don't hate on me.
Well i live in Turkey, so dont have an idea about what is NFL

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well i live in Turkey, so dont have an idea about what is NFL

Not meant to be offensive. What xandros9 and I were referring to was that the post had only been up for a couple of hours and it happened to be on a Sunday when playoff positioning is being decided for American football (NFL - National Football League).

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Not just Brazil. I'm sure that at least in a couple of countries they are alive!! Here they are still on display and kind of expensive, just the other day I saw a Lumia 510 around $300 on prepaid..😲

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
We still have a couple of Lumia 710's in this household but the integrated Facebook chat has stopped working a week ago and isn't likely to be fixed by Microsoft...so it looks like we're upgrading for good.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We still have a couple of Lumia 710's in this household but the integrated Facebook chat has stopped working a week ago and isn't likely to be fixed by Microsoft...so it looks like we're upgrading for good.

I dont think it can be, I thought FB was consolidating everything into FB Messenger.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont think it can be, I thought FB was consolidating everything into FB Messenger.

The Titan II I've been using lately doesn't have Messenger and my chat is working fine through the FB app. I'm on 7.8 via seveneighter so I don't know if that makes a difference. While we're on the WP7 topic, I'd like to point out that the Walgreen's app works better than the WP8 version. The app on 8/8.1 doesn't allow me to choose between other family members like on Android or iOS while the 7.8 version does. That's not exactly progress. I'm wondering how many other features we're missing out on from WP7 to WP8?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but WP7 was, from a technical perspective, simply an awesome OS... better than 8.0 and 8.1. WP7 was far more efficient and faster (despite running on much slower hardware), more fluid and it was the most stable consumer OS I've ever used. WP7 obviously lacked some of the features of modern day WP, and if forced to chose I'd take WP8.1, but it would have been nice to have the best of both worlds.

QuezadaEsteban

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it, but WP7 was, from a technical perspective, simply an awesome OS... better than 8.0 and 8.1. WP7 was far more efficient and faster (despite running on much slower hardware), more fluid and it was the most stable consumer OS I've ever used. WP7 obviously lacked some of the features of modern day WP, and if forced to chose I'd take WP8.1, but it would have been nice to have the best of both worlds.

Sure, simpler and smoother in overall functionality

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Correct, It works fine through the FB app, but not with the built-in chat in WP 7.8... Which is what I've always used. I loved being able to switch between SMS and facebook in an instant, but that's gone now. The FB app is too slow to use and doesn't refresh properly either. WP7 will never receive the facebook chat app, so it's definitely slowly dying... Skype stopped working earlier this year already.

The Titan II I've been using lately doesn't have Messenger and my chat is working fine through the FB app. I'm on 7.8 via seveneighter so I don't know if that makes a difference. While we're on the WP7 topic, I'd like to point out that the Walgreen's app works better than the WP8 version. The app on 8/8.1 doesn't allow me to choose between other family members like on Android or iOS while the 7.8 version does. That's not exactly progress. I'm wondering how many other features we're missing out on from WP7 to WP8?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I guess progress is a misnomer. I could have easily taken your entire post back in 2010 and substituted WM6.5 in the place of WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss