Are you still using a WP7 Device?

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Not just Brazil. I'm sure that at least in a couple of countries they are alive!! Here they are still on display and kind of expensive, just the other day I saw a Lumia 510 around $300 on prepaid..😲
Wow in my country (even The country (turkey) is The most taced country) Lumia 510 off contract is $85

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow in my country (even The country (turkey) is The most taced country) Lumia 510 off contract is $85

Wow 😲 indeed, this was two or three months ago, the funny thing was there was a big poster with a Lumia 820 with a message that said something like..."the most awaited newest Nokia with Windows is finally here.." the retail price was around $500, by that time another mobile operator (movistar) was selling the Lumia 925 for $1000 and finally "Claro" was heavily advertising the Lumia 520 for around $320.
Lately there were some tv commercials about the Lumia 635 for around $480, all of this prices are prepaid, but a two year plan for $80 a month for the Lumia 925 is just stupid. Unfortunately buying smartphones outside is prohibited so the only "legal" way is buying from the local eBay equivalent which are mostly contraband or get a friend or a relative (or oneself) to bring it when they travel to USA or Mexico.

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow 😲 indeed, this was two or three months ago, the funny thing was there was a big poster with a Lumia 820 with a message that said something like..."the most awaited newest Nokia with Windows is finally here.." the retail price was around $500, by that time another mobile operator (movistar) was selling the Lumia 925 for $1000 and finally "Claro" was heavily advertising the Lumia 520 for around $320.
Lately there were some tv commercials about the Lumia 635 for around $480, all of this prices are prepaid, but a two year plan for $80 a month for the Lumia 925 is just stupid. Unfortunately buying smartphones outside is prohibited so the only "legal" way is buying from the local eBay equivalent which are mostly contraband or get a friend or a relative (or oneself) to bring it when they travel to USA or Mexico.

wow.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My best friend still has a Lumia 710, but retired it when she got her 521 in May of 2013 and she's been using her 925 since March of last year. I'm pretty sure if something happened to the two WP8 devices, she would return to using the 710.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Lumia 900 to use as an MP3 player. So, I don't use it as a phone, but I use it essentially as a replacement for my Zune HD.

infoblues

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. been about a year since bought a dell venue pro on 7.5 mango. Best OS ever. Pity that only 1 phone available in the form factor I prefer i.e. portrait slider with qwerty keyboard. Doubt if I'll switch to any other "smartphone" anytime soon. Definitely not any other OS. I do have plenty of low end androids which I tend to put to specific uses (tv remote, 3d camera, hiking gps, etc; mostly from freedompop) but none that can substitute the user friendliness of wp 7.5 from an overall phone perspective. Iphones are simply too expensive and limited in terms of hardware choices.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
A Lumia 710 is still my daily phone, I've been using it since June 2012. I don't keep it in a case yet its screen is just like new even though I've dropped the phone a few times. I upgraded it to WP 7.8 2 years ago but app selection is limited. It does everything I need and want: voice calls, text, email, web browsing, mp3, mp4 YouTube playback. My only complaints are no microSD for extra storage and limited battery life (11 hours on standby and only 3-4 hours with WiFi or Bluetooth enabled). I bought a second battery for $20 from Amazon for use when traveling. I've used it as a back up still camera and video camera on trips to Orlando and Las Vegas and was happy with the results.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

utopian201

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I am still using a Lumia 800 purchased in November 2012.
It has been slowly losing more and more functionality; first skype then microsoft's own weather app stopped updating.
I still use it because I can't find a phone this size with a better camera. Having said that, the camera sometimes has the pink spot issue still.
I will be unlikely to upgrade to another windows phone unless MS come out with a camera that takes good photos consistently.

Last edited:

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I am still using a Lumia 800 purchased in November 2012.
It has been slowly losing more and more functionality; first skype, then microsoft's own weather app stopped updating. This morning I found youtube videos do not appear to play anymore from the website.
I still use it because I can't find a phone this size with a better camera. Having said that, the camera sometimes has the pink spot issue still.
I will be unlikely to upgrade to another windows phone unless MS come out with a camera that takes good photos consistently.
I switched from Lumia 800 to Lumia 620 and 620's camera performs better in most conditions. And most importantly there is no pink spot in the camera. And of course the Lumia 620 is still supported

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
One of my relatives broke their Samsung Galaxy Ace II X (a piece of junk masquerading as a smartphone). I set up my old Lumia 710 and gave it to them. Having experienced WP7 at its height, browsing the app store now feels a bit like walking through an abandoned ghost town.

Apps and services are slowly dying but core functionality is still there. The interface is still snappy and responsive. It just makes me sad, looking at a perfectly functioning piece of hardware 😢

Last edited:

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I brought my focus flash back to life and have been playing around with it. I miss the simplicity of it but at the same time I didn't have many apps. Also I can't remember how to close of multitasked apps haha.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess progress is a misnomer. I could have easily taken your entire post back in 2010 and substituted WM6.5 in the place of WP7.

WM6.5 was crap. WP7 was amazing in terms of consistency. In WP8.1 the platform is fragmented. W10?
Though in all honesty WM6.5 was certainly better than lagdroid. A far cry better. Funnily enough, Android was the platform with the "app gap".

Oh man, looking back I cannot even believe I thought the HTC Hero was a thin phone! HTC Hero pictures, official photos

Where is Zune HD and WP7?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
WM6.5 was crap. WP7 was amazing in terms of consistency.

No cut and paste until NoDo, no file browser, no external expansion, no internet sharing until Mango, no email attachments except pictures, crippled bluetooth profiles, no customization. Ugh, I'm getting tired here.

Explain to me again how WP7 was so amazing compared to WinMo?

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i still use my HTC titan. The facebook and twitter integration, as mentioned, is really awesome. Of course, not many will buy a new windows phone 7 now.

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't as of last year when I bought the 830, but my wife is still using Focus 2. I am trying to get her to upgrade to the 830 or the 640 when it comes to the states.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos