Are you still using a WP7 Device?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have my wife and I's OG Focuses (Foci?) sitting in a drawer in my office. They both work, but they both suffered from finicky power buttons by the end of their daily service.

Flying Kiwi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my HTC 7 Pro which I bought about 4~5 years ago as a refurbished device (but good as new) to replace my HTC TyTN II. It has a slide out landscape physical keyboard and the screen pops up so its just like a miniature laptop (just like its predecessor) - ideal for watching pre-recorded wtv tv programs from my home pc when I'm on the train. Given that there are already other posts here from those with phones having 'proper keyboards', I really can't see why no manufacturers want to develop such a product again. I dropped it a few months ago and it has a crack in part of the casing and the very top of the screen (where you swipe to bring down the battery and reception indicators) is no longer touch sensitive but it still works and is very usable. If a manufacturer developed a Windows 10 phone with such a physical keyboard (or there was case developed which connected via Bluetooth and had a keyboard built in to work with one of these Win 10 'slab phones') then I'd be very interested in upgrading but it appears the manufacturers just don't want my money....

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So another 3 years later, my current lg c900 has a cracked screen, but it still works. Although only the bottom 2/3 of the screen is responsive.

So i'm getting another one as an even cheaper replacement for $20.

So now it has been 6 years of windows phone 7.5, and i'm still going.
I thought about getting the Dell venue, but it has a smaller keyboard.

The HTC pro was too expensive, over $100, for that price might as
well get a nokia lumia 1020.

later

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, my cracked LG c900 finally died on me, the screen stopped responding, i was using it as a media player.

I went back to my original phone from 3 years prior, and just for fun, plugged it in,
put in a new battery and to my surprise it still works. So now i have an even better media player, and all my games still work, and the browser
is much better than explorer. So now, I'm back to my original Windows 7.5 phone.

6 years and still going. [i do have another LG C900 that i use as an actual phone with a sim card].

later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs