05-12-2015 04:20 AM
27 12
tools
    With windows phone 8.1 , you get an option to project your phone screen on a computer via USB cable.
    1.first of all download this app on your windows PC http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...yScreenApp.msi
    2.Start up the application using the Project my Screen shortcut on the desktop or program list.
    3.Connect your phone to your computer using a data-transfer quality USB cable.
    4.You should get a prompt for permission to allow screen projection, click yes.
    you would see your phone mirroring on your display.
    04-22-2014 01:26 AM
    Thanks for this guide. That will be helpful to a lot of members.
    04-22-2014 01:28 AM
    Thanks for the guide! :D
    04-22-2014 08:28 AM
    How to do this without the USB Cable?
    I own a 1520 and it tells me, i cant use it while using wifi data.
    But I even can't connect to my miracast receivers when wifi is turned off...
    Any Ideas?
    04-23-2014 07:53 AM
    How to do this without the USB Cable?
    I own a 1520 and it tells me, i cant use it while using wifi data.
    But I even can't connect to my miracast receivers when wifi is turned off...
    Any Ideas?
    Lumia 1520 lacks driver at moment , with Lumia cyan update , you will be able to use this
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-23-2014 08:25 AM
    Can I not project my screen via cable to my 50 inch HDTV???

What it the point in connecting to pc monitor? Regardless, I can't download software on my TV, so this new project ym screen feature works or not to project screen from phone to normal HDTV?

Thanks!!
    05-02-2014 10:54 AM
    Can I not project my screen via cable to my 50 inch HDTV???

What it the point in connecting to pc monitor? Regardless, I can't download software on my TV, so this new project ym screen feature works or not to project screen from phone to normal HDTV?

Thanks!!
    No you can not do this at moment but if you connect your TV to your machine via HDMI or VGA cable you will get the same result
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-02-2014 10:51 PM
    What I think would be useful is the ability to control the on screen display with the PCs physical keyboard.
    05-03-2014 09:59 AM
    What I think would be useful is the ability to control the on screen display with the PCs physical keyboard.
    Great idea , useful when playing games like asphalt or texting
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-03-2014 10:04 AM
    i just cant believe they didnt implemented that feature (physical keyboard) :( but they will for sure!!! Just waiting!
    05-07-2014 05:39 PM
    Oh man, when i read this i thought it would be like those older Nokia phones where you could use the Nokia Suite to do everything, including sending text messages, from your computer using your keyboard.
    06-13-2014 05:18 AM
    Oh man, when i read this i thought it would be like those older Nokia phones where you could use the Nokia Suite to do everything, including sending text messages, from your computer using your keyboard.
    nope, not possible at moment :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-16-2014 11:11 PM
    why is my nokia lumia 620 not connecting to pc, i downloaded software on pc and im trying to connect my 620 with usb and it is searching searching searching....

i have windows 8 on my pc
    07-28-2014 11:41 AM
    With windows phone 8.1 , you get an option to project your phone screen on a computer via USB cable.
    1.first of all download this app on your windows PC http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...yScreenApp.msi
    2.Start up the application using the ‘Project my Screen’ shortcut on the desktop or program list.
    3.Connect your phone to your computer using a data-transfer quality USB cable.
    4.You should get a prompt for permission to allow screen projection, click ‘yes’.
    you would see your phone mirroring on your display.
    Not how mine works.
    I project it to a URL it can even be in a different City and ST. The Nokia Beamer even warns you it could cost you money for data. Just open the Nokia Beamer and it walks you through the easy set up. It displays what ever is showing on your phone at the moment.
    Second is PhotoBeamer that also warns about the Data use and does not need a usb connection. It also sends to a URL. The difference is PhotoBeamer is set up to send your photos not whatever is on your screen.
    Both work good with some lag in-between pictures...just about right for a slide show or with Nokia Beamer you could show a friend how your home screen looks even if they are in a different city.
    BTW: I have a Verizon Icon and don't know if it works the same on all WP 8.1.
    07-31-2014 08:45 AM
    I have a lumia 1020. the app doesnt work. I installed all my laptop no problem. The cable I am using shows my phone and I can look at pictures in the phone file. But the phone does not ask the question???
    any ideas?
    08-27-2014 08:08 PM

At first, after download and installation, the software shows blank/black screen. After googling around, found a simple solution.

1. On ur pc, go to Device Manager. (Win+X key, select Device Manager)
    2. Uninstall the drivers for ur phone. (Don't worry, it will reinstall after reconnect later)
    42101d1398315746-windows-phone-8-1-project-my-screen-pc-device_manager.jpg

3. Run the Project My Sreen software. Disconnect and reconnect your phone.
    4. On ur phone, it will prompt "Allow screen projection?", tap Yes.
    42094d1398312124t-windows-phone-8-1-project-my-screen-pc-windows_phone_8.1_project_my_screen-2.jpg

5. That's it! (if u want to exit full screen, just tap the Esc key)
    08-28-2014 01:29 AM
    edit: all i get is the same black screen after it connects. maybe i have too many monitors enabled.
    08-28-2014 01:47 AM
    Enable project my screen onto a Mac :-)
    I'm one of that rare breed who has a windows phone and an iMac :-)
    09-13-2014 04:14 PM
    What exactly is the point of the project my display app if you can only project it to your windows pc/laptop?

Surely it would be easier to just use your laptop or transfer any photos/videos with the usb cable?

When I was first reading about this app I (incorrectly it appears) assumed you could hook up your phone to a projector via a usb/VGA adapter as this would actually be useful? Is there no way you can do this?

Thanks
    Andy
    10-21-2014 03:19 PM
    When I was first reading about this app I (incorrectly it appears) assumed you could hook up your phone to a projector via a usb/VGA adapter as this would actually be useful? Is there no way you can do this?
    You can use a pc as a 'man in the middle' to do this. This app is for displaying the phone screen on a pc, for whatever reason one might have. There are other apps for displaying files or the screen to other devices. If this doesn't do what you want, look at them.
    10-21-2014 04:12 PM
    . There are other apps for displaying files or the screen to other devices. If this doesn't do what you want, look at them.
    Can you recommend an app for this please?
    Thanks
    Andy
    10-22-2014 02:33 PM
    I haven't had much need for this, so haven't explored it in any detail.

For internet-enabled devices, there's Lumia Beamer, which I've used a bit.

If you're specifically interested in projecting pictures, Microsoft also has PhotoBeamer, although I haven't tried that.

App Hub 365 has an app called ClassBoardWP. Again, I've never tried it.

I imagine there are others, but up to now, project my screen and Lumia Beamer have met my rather limited needs. Try searching in the store with terms like projector and screen to see what you can find.
    10-22-2014 03:35 PM
    Will try immediately!! Thank you for this guide
    12-05-2014 07:32 AM
    if you have Wifi enables device you can connect with your TV :) give a try

1. In the App list, tap Settings Settings icon > Project my screen.

2. Tap the device you want to connect to. We’ll automatically detect any nearby devices that can support a wireless display connection with your phone.
    12-22-2014 03:52 PM
    Previously used this just fine...but no longer. Always displays 'searching' but never finds it. Any clues? I've gone all through the uninstall/reinstall steps above.
    12-28-2014 04:09 AM
27 12