3D Maps yet?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Haven't seen any updates regarding maps yet. I hope they've consolidated Bing Maps, Nokia Maps, and Nokia Drive in to one app...seriously the worst map setup in the history of operating systems. And I'd like to see a lot more control over routes and visuals. Also, the current apps are quite laggy. I hope that's improved as well! :smile:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
When things improve we all benefit that's good. I don't understand your question. The title reads 3D Maps? All I see above is map bashing. Which I don't agree with.

Bing maps is basically gone here maps has taken over I am quite satisfied with Here Drive + and Here Maps. They have very different uses I am okay with them being separate apps. What bugs are you referring to? Please be specific.

I do agree that better routing and nicer visuals would be an improvement.

What does any of this have to do with 3D maps. In Here Maps if you zoom in on some areas of some major cities you will get 3D maps.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
When things improve we all benefit that's good. I don't understand your question. The title reads 3D Maps? All I see above is map bashing. Which I don't agree with.

Bing maps is basically gone here maps has taken over I am quite satisfied with Here Drive + and Here Maps. They have very different uses I am okay with them being separate apps. What bugs are you referring to? Please be specific.

I do agree that better routing and nicer visuals would be an improvement.

What does any of this have to do with 3D maps. In Here Maps if you zoom in on some areas of some major cities you will get 3D maps.

Right, I guess I should've stated 2 questions. I would like to see full 3D mapping like here.com shows (Apple Maps and Google Maps support this) Also, on current Nokia Devices, if you go through the search app, or click on an address on a website or text message, you will go to the hidden Bing maps app (currently accessible by downloading the Maps shortcut from the store). But if you want to find directions to a store, you have to open Maps or Nokia Maps, and then click drive which opens Nokia Drive. That's madness. Lastly, all 3 apps are slow and laggy, try scrolling on any of the 3 and you'll see choppiness.

My title was simply stating if there were any updates in Maps in the WP8.1 leak. Seems like no one knows yet.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have not read anything about map updates at lease on directly to the OS maps. It would make sense that they would do something. Now is the time. What I have read is there will be new API for map location alerts. Apps will be able to set alerts based on location. Bing search will be redone it will work more like it does on Windows . Maybe they will rework the search results pass through and eliminate the three app scenario.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz