Will 8.1 fix the wifi "bug" ?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I was just wondering for quite some time if the 8.1 will fix the annoyting thing when you turn on/off wifi. You must wait sometimes even 5 seconds before it shut downs completely. (you know what i mean, when you swipe it grays out and you must wait few seconds, I dont know why it isnt instant like in 3G connection) Is it even bug? Or it just take so much time to close it and it cant be helped. If youre using app like connectivity tiles and use wifi tiles from that app, even that app does not register proper status on tile if you do not wait like 5 seconds till it turns off properly.

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Worry not. Come 8.1, you can have a wifi shortcut on the Action Center. That should solve the problem

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I was just wondering for quite some time if the 8.1 will fix the annoyting thing when you turn on/off wifi. You must wait sometimes even 5 seconds before it shut downs completely. (you know what i mean, when you swipe it grays out and you must wait few seconds, I dont know why it isnt instant like in 3G connection) Is it even bug? Or it just take so much time to close it and it cant be helped. If youre using app like connectivity tiles and use wifi tiles from that app, even that app does not register proper status on tile if you do not wait like 5 seconds till it turns off properly.

Really? 5 seconds? Is it bothering you that much?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Im sorry, but when you turn off Wifi and it takes X seconds close, what does it matter? Yes, I have noticed this too,but after turning the switch "off" I can move on with my life.

kingjah

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
It may be that the OS is taking care of some WiFi related tasks in the background, like properly shutting down a connections to a running App. That is what a responsible OS will do, also it will be less noticeable on a more powerful phone like the Lumia Icon.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Really? 5 seconds? Is it bothering you that much?

OP was being conservative, it usually takes anywhere from 20 seconds to needing a soft reset to actually turn off.

Quite ridiculous for such a simple task.

Considering any other platform can perform it instantly (including desktop os's), there's no reason for it.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What, 20 seconds? Its not WP bug, its in your device. I have had few WP's and never had a problem like this. I remember at WP7, there was some bug where the WiFi wouldnt turn on after turning the switch, but that was fixed and was something else.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for late reply and bringing this up again. Totally forgot about this thread.

Actually, sometime it really does take 10 or more seconds. Sometimes it shows the screen with "Loading" and waiting for the app to close. It cant be the phone, I noticed it on many lumias. The wifi is so laggy.

Why turn off wifi? Simple, it drains battery.

Just shut it off and move on with my life? Yeah sounds fair, but I am using Connectivity tiles app on my start screen and If I use "back" button before it shuts off properly. It still shows the status "on" on my live tile so its kinda confusing. This will be sorted out in 8.1 though as I will use it in action center :)

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for late reply and bringing this up again. Totally forgot about this thread.

Actually, sometime it really does take 10 or more seconds. Sometimes it shows the screen with "Loading" and waiting for the app to close. It cant be the phone, I noticed it on many lumias. The wifi is so laggy.

Why turn off wifi? Simple, it drains battery.

Just shut it off and move on with my life? Yeah sounds fair, but I am using Connectivity tiles app on my start screen and If I use "back" button before it shuts off properly. It still shows the status "on" on my live tile so its kinda confusing. This will be sorted out in 8.1 though as I will use it in action center :)

I hope this is sorted out,a much needed tweak for a basic functionality...lol look at those pathetic wp fans bashing the op OMG...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven