Will there be changes in bing search?

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Bing search is one of my favorite features in WP, is one of the reasons why I love it...

But these "rumors" of search buttom will change function and will open cortana... I do not like it! tap and hold windows button is for that! I'd like my search button to search IN THE APP when I touch it... and go to bing search when I tap and hold, or when I tap it in the home screen

Now with cortana... what will happen with bing search?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Search key will open smart search and long press, cortana. That's how I see it.

The current SDK does not show the Bing Search and no leaked videos have shown it. This will be one of the "surprises" from Build but we are told from rumors that Bing Search is being brought up to par with the W8.1 Smart Search from Bing. It can be assumed that, like stated above, that pressing the search button will bring up the bing smart search, while long pressing (as shown in a leaked video of cortana) will bring up Cortana.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes!! Bing search is supposed to get some BIG changes that we haven't seen yet. That will be one of the big surprises left for Build

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Bing search is one of my favorite features in WP, is one of the reasons why I love it...

But these "rumors" of search buttom will change function and will open cortana... I do not like it! tap and hold windows button is for that! I'd like my search button to search IN THE APP when I touch it... and go to bing search when I tap and hold, or when I tap it in the home screen

Now with cortana... what will happen with bing search?

Wat i think is Tapping and Holding the search button will open up Cortana..
And just a Tap will open up Bing Smart Search..

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm eager to see the new Bing search because right now in Canada, we don't have all the options working... And also it is rumored that Cortana will only be available to US for now. I wonder how will all of this work.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Cortana will be replacing Bing Search. Even if you go to bing.com on your browser, it will redirect you and open Cortana. Now, this REALLY is not bad at all. Especially since Cortana is powered by Bing. Cortana is a hellova lot better than just bing search.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Cortana will be replacing Bing Search. Even if you go to bing.com on your browser, it will redirect you and open Cortana. Now, this REALLY is not bad at all. Especially since Cortana is powered by Bing. Cortana is a hellova lot better than just bing search.

Ok but what if Cortana is not released world wide?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Source?
Several sources including WPC say that its smart search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon