Secret Features of Windows Phone 8.1

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hm, i was shure that i copy/paste the link

But its quit easy to replicate this one.
I am of to work, but wil post a homy later.
Just try it out, it needs some eh..practice.
It took me awhile before i mastered it.
But i must say i am not that fast with swiping.
If you managed it, post a screeny, maybe its a 520 or Nokia only thingy

I am of now

A just did it

Now i am realy off

Last edited:

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hm, i was shure that i copy/paste the link

But its quit easy to replicate this one.
I am of to work, but wil post a homy later.
Just try it out, it needs some eh..practice.
It took me awhile before i mastered it.
But i must say i am not that fast with swiping.
If you managed it, post a screeny, maybe its a 520 or Nokia only thingy

I am of now

A just did it

[url]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/groetjes-uit-groningen/hghg-1.png[/URL]

Now i am realy off

LOL. this aint real

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I really want landscape options for home screen that functions like win 8.1. Especially for such a big screen like the 1520. It'll be nice to to have the shrink view to see more tiles along with group options. A better folder option wouldn't hurt. Can't wait to see what in store. Definitely need better IE options to copy pic links or really wished Flash work like on RT. Wishful thinking.

If u ask me.. It will look awful..(The landscape Mode)...

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
There has been no leaks regarding improvements in others storage. Or equalizer for 512mb devices . Which has been a hot issue for wp users

The SoC used in the 520 doesnt have the hardware for an EQ. It would have to be implemented in software and would kill performance.

This has already been posted repeatedly.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
All of us realized it was 4/1 and that you were trying to make a joke. The point of April Fool's Day is to actually make people believe in the joke.

It seems everyone has forgotten this however since all I've seen today are posts that ruin the joke at the end...not even leaving time for a suspension of disbelief (at least you got that one part right so I will give you props there :) ), or have April Fool's as a tag, or something else like that.

I haven't seen a single joke pulled off properly today anywhere. :(

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really wish that a "secret feature" of WP8.1 is the ability to FINALLY attach documents to existing email threads and NOT just links to the document. This is a 1/4 of the way through the year 2014. We were able to watch a live stream of a robot on Mars and a guy falling from nearly the edge of space. Why can we not attach documents to an email in a reasonable manner?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There's a feature that I saw leaked that was cool. The OneNote 'paper' has been changed to actually look like a yellow legal pad, HOW CLEVER!

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Cortana will be shown up as overlay everywhere on my WP8.1 .. I dont want to open single app to talk to cortana .. true assistant should be anywhere on my screen ;)

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
At OP
Secret features in wp8.1 , secret in the word of easter eggs don't know
But there are enought in wp8, just found a blog about easter eggs in Wp8,
quite funny but difficult to let them show them selves.
The one with the homescreen up and down swipes was the easiest one.
Three times up and down and then sidewards to the appslist.
If you do it in the correct order then you see at the bottom suddently a extra "app".
Pin it and you see a message.

A lot more at;
http://www.wp8tipsandtrick./

I've tried this many times now but I get nothing.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Read yesterdy of a 'Do Not Disturb' feature being implemented. Where the INNER CIRCLE contacts of the user can bypass the DND by replying 'Knock, Knock'. Or by calling 3 times straight. The DND feature can also be turned off completely to allow everyone to reach u.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Read yesterdy of a 'Do Not Disturb' feature being implemented. Where the INNER CIRCLE contacts of the user can bypass the DND by replying 'Knock, Knock'. Or by calling 3 times straight. The DND feature can also be turned off completely to allow everyone to reach u.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
Yes, it has been already demonstrated by Joe on stage. Inner circles come with Cortana and she will need to be told once who are your inner circle guys and then she will let them through. I am not sure about knock, knock - that wasn't shown, but if the person calls you more than 3 times, they can reach you - that was an option again shown on stage.

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
thing is what are the features will be hidden in 8.1???

much like my lumia 920 when i bought it last year is nothing like what i have now but it still runs wp8.
added hidden thing like glance screen, double tab to wake, refocus, bt4.0 LE and many more were just features hidden in the hardware themseves

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234