Email still broken in 8.1

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
And that's why there must be a file manager. But each time one of us says that, someone comes & tells that it's not needed or that it causes harm to the security of WP devices. I'm fed up of these kinds of people. They think that if they don't need a file manager, no one else does.
The inability of the email client to attach arbitrary files was due in WP7 and WP8 to the lack of access to user files - an OS problem.
This problem is no longer there in WP8.1 since apps can call a file picker. ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/272545-wp8-1-does-have-file-picker.html )
So if there is still a problem here it is due to the email app, not the OS.
I hope that the Office team works in future on the Outlook mobile apps (Email, Contacts, Tasks, Calendar) because they write serious apps but the current apps are a joke and not business-ready.

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Is there a "select all" option in 8.1? I know you can select multiple emails at once but it is selected individually. Select all would be great.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Also something I have noticed when using my exchange account to reply to emails, if I reply and leave the previous conversation down below in the reply after it is sent all of the previous text gets scrambled with all sorts of strange characters and the formatting is crazy. I can’t even have a consistent email interaction without all of the previous text being completely distorted. This experience was not present in WP7.8. I noticed it in WP8 and it still carries over. Does anyone know of a workaround? It is minor but super annoying.

Also, none of these issues occur when replying with my outlook or gmail accounts.

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
See my answers above in red.

I just posted this in another thread, but it seems more appropriate here. For those of you with the SDK, can you please check if, on WP8.1, I can:

• Edit an older email before replying/forwarding? No, unable to edit original message.
  • Receive an email from one account and reply/forward using a different account? No, unable to change account the email is being sent from.
  • Attach a PDF file? Not from within the compose email screen. It jumps straight to the camera roll.
  • Attach multiple files that aren't in my camera roll? See above.

How about in the new Outlook app for Windows 10 Insiders? If these things are fixed, I can imagine staying on WP. If not, not.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed both Office Lens and Outlook on my wife's GS5 and I will say, Outlook on Android is a whole lot better than WP. It allowed me to do everything that Darryl Ponting said it won't do on WP. This has been a known issue for years by the way. It almost...ALMOST makes me want to go back to Android.

As far as Office Lens, it works better on WP. Office Lens on Android doesn't let you scan multi-page documents into one PDF file, where as the WP version does.

As far as Outlook for Windows Mobile 10, I don't know. I'm waiting until Microsoft fixes the bugs and what not. I'll probably hold off on it until at least September right before it's released to the public as a final build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss