EAS Error 86000C29 Resolved in WP8.1?

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know if the SD Card encryption error 86000C29 with EAS accounts has been resolved. I have the emulator for WP8.1 and am still getting the error, but am not sure if this is a valid test or not. Can anyone confirm?

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, someone has it. We all saw it yesterday and Dan and Sam are still playing with it. Just curious if anyone in the know could confirm.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
They wont be responding to individual requests. Other than them, everyone else has downloaded a SDK and are playing with emulators. So "common people" don't have it. After 14th April, maybe?

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, I guess I can wait a few days. But would rather know that I will be disappointed now then after I install the update.

JoshMD90

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure? I just tried to sync my phone and received the 86000C29 error. This time though it only came up when I checked in the email+accounts section where it says 'not up to date' whereas before it was in my face every time i tried to sync. The email app actually just says 'no new messages' as if it has actually synced! :( i was really looking forward to this bit!

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I tried it this morning and I believe this error is not fixed yet. At least if it is being caused by an exchange policy enforcing SD Card encryption it will not be fixed. Grrrr I hate this.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, that really stinks. My coworker and I both have 920s and were able to connect to our company email after the update. Email, calendar and contacts are now syncing.

JoshMD90

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I was looking forward to this more than other features! Is there any way we can get this more public so Microsoft will deal with it?

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
My 920 works fine on my company's exchange server too, but it has worked fine there since GDR2 at least for WP8.0. My Lumia 1520 will fail though with this stupid error. I would trade someone my 1520 for a 930 any day just to lose this SD card slot! I spent all this money on this phone for it to not work, and due to me going through official Microsoft support on the issue the 14 day return policy passed so now I am out the $ but can't use the 1520 for what I need it for.

Jason

JRuppenthal

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just posted this in another forum. Short answer: NO, it is NOT resolved in WP8.1. Very sad and discouraging.

I have an iPhone and can connect to my work's Exchange server via ActiveSync with no problem. I have an HTC One and can connect to my work's Exchange server via ActiveSync with no problem. Same with a Blackberry Z30. All of these devices allow me to setup an Exchange account on the phone seamlessly and easily. I owned an HTC 8X and, although it was running a Microsoft OS, it could NOT connect to my Enterprise account. Every time I tried, I was given the Error Code 86000C29. If you search the webs, you'll see this is a common problem with Windows Phone 8, that Microsoft created a product that wouldn't even let customers connect to another of its own products if a policy parameter is present ("Require Encryption on Storage Card"), even thought the HTC had NO storage card.

So, I was excited to give WP another try knowing that 8.1 was going to be released. I figured this issue would be worked out. Purchased a Lumia 925 (another phone with NO storage card) on TMobile, installed 8.1 and setup Gmail, iCloud, Outlook.com, and, finally, tried to connect to work via ActiveSync. The account was created, the server was found, the syncing process was started...and then failed...with the error code 86000C29. Unbelievable. I can't fathom why Microsoft hasn't fixed this issue after nearly 2 years. All the competition allows employees to quickly & easily setup corporate email. Microsoft's own product does not. And, please, don't tell me to ask my IT department to allow an exception for one device. We are a company of 500+ people, and they are NOT going to allow an exception to be made. So, I'm left with a phone that can't do what the lowliest Android phone can do.

I find this completely unacceptable and unfathomable. Why wouldn't Microsoft want to give customers the same ease of access to its OWN products that every other mobile platform enjoys? Can someone enlighten me on this? I want to give WP8.1 a fair shake, I love trying new OS's and there's a lot I like about WP. But, if I can't access my corporate account, this phone will be sold. Anyone else having a similar issue? Any workarounds that I can do without getting IT involved?

JoshMD90

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've tried pretty everything I can, unless someone from MS can answer me and show that progress is being made on this glaring admission from an otherwise stellar OS then I'm giving up :(

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
JRupp, sorry for your experiences. I am not receiving the error on my Lumia 920 (no storage card slot like your 925 or 8x), but am receiving it on my 1520. The key as to why I'm receiving it is the policy requiring encrypted SD Cards at my employer so if the phone doesn't support SD Cards then it approves that policy.

What would be nice is for Touchdown to release their app for WP. They have it on W8 and Android, and it gets around these policies.

I believe in your instance some other policy rather than SD card encryption is preventing your phone from working with the corporate policy you are encountering. The 920 has been properly handling the SD Card Encryption requirement since GDR2.

Jason

JoshMD90

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
JRupp, sorry for your experiences. I am not receiving the error on my Lumia 920 (no storage card slot like your 925 or 8x), but am receiving it on my 1520. The key as to why I'm receiving it is the policy requiring encrypted SD Cards at my employer so if the phone doesn't support SD Cards then it approves that policy.

What would be nice is for Touchdown to release their app for WP. They have it on W8 and Android, and it gets around these policies.

I believe in your instance some other policy rather than SD card encryption is preventing your phone from working with the corporate policy you are encountering. The 920 has been properly handling the SD Card Encryption requirement since GDR2.

Jason

I've got a 1020 and still have this error. The Microsoft article I read on it didnt seem to say that this had been resolved yet, though I have heard that GDR2 fixed it but I am sceptical to that given how pervasive it seems to be. Are we aware of any other sicking points for WP and EAS that might be causing this error?

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I am not. Somewhere I did see a long list of a feature comparison of WP with other platforms (LoL it was so embarrassing to see good ole WM 6.5 beat the crap out of WP in that regard) and there were a number of features that it didn't support. But I can at least voice that for phones with no SD card slot (like the 920), they will behave nicely with a policy that requires SD card encryption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro