sure hope not...one of the main drawing points for me initially was the great way I could play my local files..not everyone cares to be a streamer or can afford the data charges associated with that activity
    04-03-2014 07:05 PM
    They have been removed from the OS in the 8.1 update and will be available as separate apps downloaded from the store:

Xbox Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Xbox Video | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    04-03-2014 07:15 PM
    They have been removed from the OS in the 8.1 update and will be available as separate apps downloaded from the store:

Xbox Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Xbox Video | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Terrible apps. Hope this means third parties will be making replacement apps for WP8.1
    fiveaces01 likes this.
    04-03-2014 09:34 PM
    Terrible apps. Hope this means third parties will be making replacement apps for WP8.1
    What it really means is that they can be updated faster and improve faster. Ill take that any day.
    04-03-2014 09:57 PM
    What it really means is that they can be updated faster and improve faster. Ill take that any day.
    Indeed. Also, these in a sense, ARE becoming the "native apps." This is just like how Xbox Music and Xbox Video currently work on Windows 8.1, where they're technically apps from the Store, but Microsoft still lets these app gain deep OS access that normal apps aren't granted. End result? Functions pretty much the same as a native app, but can be update on the fly. And if someone doesn't have the need for the app(s), it's just a simple uninstall to not have to worry, and to free a few precious megabytes. ;)
    Coolaaron88 likes this.
    04-03-2014 10:17 PM
    Indeed. Also, these in a sense, ARE becoming the "native apps." This is just like how Xbox Music and Xbox Video currently work on Windows 8.1, where they're technically apps from the Store, but Microsoft still lets these app gain deep OS access that normal apps aren't granted. End result? Functions pretty much the same as a native app, but can be update on the fly. And if someone doesn't have the need for the app(s), it's just a simple uninstall to not have to worry, and to free a few precious megabytes. ;)
    True that! I was kinda hoping that more modularity in 8.1. Example more core apps can update via the store.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    04-03-2014 10:42 PM
    and how about the live tile with the artist currently playing that is on the current music app ..do you really not admire that feature when showing someone your phone? and the xbox music app just sits there being that ugly green. Half of my album art isn't even showing up...or is wrong...just went thru all this crap right after 8 came out. Tired of updates going backwards!
    04-04-2014 12:48 AM
    Those xbox music and video apps are only US? Because I can't install them, it says it's not available in my country... So how it will be available on 8.1? Or I won't have a stock music/video player on my phone because of my country? lol
    04-04-2014 04:39 AM
    Those xbox music and video apps are only US? Because I can't install them, it says it's not available in my country... So how it will be available on 8.1? Or I won't have a stock music/video player on my phone because of my country? lol
    I imagine that was just because of the whole Beta thing. I'd imagine Microsoft make them available everywhere by the time Windows Phone 8.1 is available worldwide.
    04-05-2014 12:28 PM
    I just hope that they remove the Xbox Pass requirement that is currently in the music app.
    04-05-2014 12:39 PM
    I just hope that they remove the Xbox Pass requirement that is currently in the music app.
    Seeing as it's becoming the default app: this requirement will indeed be removed.
    04-12-2014 10:32 AM
    Seeing as it's becoming the default app: this requirement will indeed be removed.
    Let's hope you're right and they'll not try to push their Xbox music subscriptions by keeping the app locked...
    04-12-2014 11:42 AM
    I've been using the Nokia MixRadio app... it's pretty good, other than the smilie face logo. ... the nice thing is that it saves were you left off, so if you reboot, you can just start the app and start off with the next song.
    04-12-2014 11:51 AM
    Let's hope you're right and they'll not try to push their Xbox music subscriptions by keeping the app locked...
    I would seriously hope not. Otherwise, they'd be even worse than Apple in terms of trying to shove proprietary stuff down users' throats. But seeing as Xbox Music on Windows 8.1 is separate from the OS itself (Store updateable) and doesn't force users to use Xbox Music to buy music, and seeing as they're trying to emulate that on WP8.1, I would doubt that they'd force the usage of Xbox Music. Highly encourage it? Of course. Force it? Dear god, please, no!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox Music Pass, but forcing users to use Xbox Music? Unacceptable.
    04-12-2014 03:20 PM
    FYI, the Xbox music app beta has never been updated ever since it wad published.... It's nearly 5 months ago
    04-12-2014 10:45 PM
    Hopefully the music experience is improved for WP8.1 if I'm not mistaken the MS Employee on Reddit said the app was better, but he didn't go into details.
    04-13-2014 02:34 AM