You can find this sentence: "Your app can be a file provider too!" in slide 23 of This lecture: Contracts and Pickers: Building Apps that Work Together on Windows | Build 2014 | Channel 9

Also the slide show clearly shows that OneDrive will be integrated into file picker, which is missing in current version of emulator ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...reenshots.html ) maybe they need to update the OneDrive app?

So we can expect OneDrive and other cloud storage services integration in the file picker.
    04-06-2014 04:53 AM
    Oh so there is a file picker/manager coming in 8.1???

I missed that!

Superb news!

And i am excited to see what apps can do. A winrar app that allows file manipulation, and better attachment options, for email - well i would live better email attachment, that's the reason i carry a blackberry!
    04-06-2014 04:57 AM
    Oh so there is a file picker/manager coming in 8.1???

I missed that!

Superb news!

And i am excited to see what apps can do. A winrar app that allows file manipulation, and better attachment options, for email - well i would live better email attachment, that's the reason i carry a blackberry!
    File *picker* is available in WP8.1. IE11 is using it for uploads. However, mail app is still not updated and it only chooses photos. but I think they'll update it in final release.

And about File *manager*, it is not clear that if Microsoft will create one or not. but with new APIs, developers can create file manager apps. (see my post here)
    04-06-2014 04:59 AM
    I see - thanks for the clarification.

I really hope Nokia create a Nokia app that is a file manager. Working with zip attachments and other files - it would be nice to b able to manipulate them in a manner akin to a blackberry.

Either way, i await the dev preview in earnest!!!!
    04-06-2014 03:23 PM