a question regarding the new windows phone 8.1 homescreen

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
okay, in the current WP8 system if you choose the accent colour as yellow for instance , not only will you change the colour of the tiles but you'll also change the colour of the toast notification and the colour of the letters when you press them on the keyboard. Basically everything turns yellow

Coming to the new WP 8.1. what if you go for the customized wallpaper that will lie behind your tiles ?? what will happen to the accent colour throughout the operating system since you didn't choose an accent colour and went for the customized wallpaper ??

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow never thought about that.. but i think that either the image you choose has a set background color or the tiles just stay transparent, but when you type you should get color.. I think

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow never thought about that.. but i think that either the image you choose has a set background color or the tiles just stay transparent, but when you type you should get color.. I think
i think its highly unlikely to have a set background color for the image we are gonna choose

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you will only set the start screen, the accent is still selected as now. Its actually better that way. Saying this because I have unlimited accent colors to choose from and some look super cool on start, but mess up the accent in other places. Super dark grey theme for example...

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you will only set the start screen, the accent is still selected as now. Its actually better that way. Saying this because I have unlimited accent colors to choose from and some look super cool on start, but mess up the accent in other places. Super dark grey theme for example...

Ok. But us users should still have the OPTION to choose any color we want. Its a basic thing, and I cant figure out why they cant just let something so simple left to us. At the very least, why not give us two color options. One color option for Text, the other for Tiles/image type things. Think out side the box if you have to but to limit us with a measly 12 or so colors is very disappointing.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok. But us users should still have the OPTION to choose any color we want. Its a basic thing, and I cant figure out why they cant just let something so simple left to us. At the very least, why not give us two color options. One color option for Text, the other for Tiles/image type things. Think out side the box if you have to but to limit us with a measly 12 or so colors is very disappointing.

EXACTLY !!! What I don't understand either is why are we limited with the accent colors. Why didn't Microsoft design a spectrum of colors with many many different shades to choose from then it will be truly personalized

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah might be so, options are never bad. However like I said; you wont be missing too much after you get the option to put any flat color to start. This coming from someone who has a color picker to use right now.

Most likely more colors (color picker) are coming later time anyway. WP 8.1 being such a huge update, that really there is a limit on how many things can be introduced. With keeping things still STABLE and running smoothly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion