Windows 8.1 for nokia lumia 520

Mayuresh Sharma

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys I installed Windows 8.1 using Preview for Developers... Can I revert back to the original Windows Phone Software?
(I mean the one we get when the phone is new, not the one of Preview for Developers)

Sorry I am new to Windows Phone so I don't know much about it.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys I installed Windows 8.1 using Preview for Developers... Can I revert back to the original Windows Phone Software?
(I mean the one we get when the phone is new, not the one of Preview for Developers)

Sorry I am new to Windows Phone so I don't know much about it.

You can, using Nokia Care Suite. NSU for Retail might work, but Nokia Recovery Tool does not work, so I'm not sure about NSU.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Can you please explain me in some detail & tell me how can I do it in detail please

Download Nokia Software Updater for Retail, and use it to flash your phone.

If that does not work, note down your product code and download the corresponding ROM using Navifirm. Then use Nokia Care Suite to flash the ROM onto your phone.

Mayuresh Sharma

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Download Nokia Software Updater for Retail, and use it to flash your phone.

If that does not work, note down your product code and download the corresponding ROM using Navifirm. Then use Nokia Care Suite to flash the ROM onto your phone.

Nokia Software Updater for Retail does not recognize my device

Last edited:

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 520 is noticeably slower with 8.1.
For example the first time you open HERE Maps tile on the home screen it takes about 2 seconds just to start launching the program.
I can see delay in the transitions in Settings sub menus, where it should load instantly.

Overall the phone looks MUCH slower than before with WP 8.0.

Do you guys experience the same slowness after

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 520 is noticeably slower with 8.1.
For example the first time you open HERE Maps tile on the home screen it takes about 2 seconds just to start launching the program.
I can see delay in the transitions in Settings sub menus, where it should load instantly.

Overall the phone looks MUCH slower than before with WP 8.0.

Do you guys experience the same slowness after

Yeap but like 10% but after a soft reset can say 5% but battery still suck with 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05