Will we get variable play speed with hardware accelerated Audio/video?

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So with all of the announced features for Windows Phone 8.1, I am pretty much set on everything that I have wished for in the platform. The only aspect I am still hoping for is variable audio playback speed - I greatly miss being able to speed up audiobook playback like I could on my old iPhone and Android devices - specifically on the Audible App.

Anyone with ideas whether the "Audio/video transcoding that?s hardware accelerated" feature will allow apps like Audible to have variable speed playback?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think this is one of those questions will have answered when we actually update.. I doubt anyone would be able to see this in the emulators, but i might be wrong lol :p

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hard to tell from the Emulator. I know Ive played with the Podcast thing, and playback features seem unchanged. You have Play, Pause, Fwd, Back. Holding the Fwd or Back does nothing other than skipping ahead a little.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, even if it is possible, we won't know until developers actually take advantage of the functionality and implement it in their apps.

Translation: it'll be awhile before we know.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hard to tell from the Emulator. I know Ive played with the Podcast thing, and playback features seem unchanged. You have Play, Pause, Fwd, Back. Holding the Fwd or Back does nothing other than skipping ahead a little.

Hey Dave since you have the emulator maybe you can answer this..

Did MS give us the ability to swipe to the right or left so we can clear notifications??

I heard that it was in the old SDK's but not in the new ones??

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey Dave since you have the emulator maybe you can answer this..

Did MS give us the ability to swipe to the right or left so we can clear notifications??

I heard that it was in the old SDK's but not in the new ones??

watch the video that Daniel posted, I believe he showed that it is to the right, and it was only a certain group (I.e. if Skype had notifications, swiping right would only clear those).

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-81-introduces-notification-and-action-center-we-go-hands

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention