WP 8.1 volume controls

snakerider

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting for WP 8.1 to buy a lumia phone. I know that on 8.0 the ringtone and alarm tone had the same volume. But now with 8.1 they have made some changes, but I saw a video explaining about this and the only changes they had made was one slide bar for ringtone & notifications and one bar for changing music volume? I assume that you still cant change the ringtone and alarm tone separate is this correct? Why does they not change this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the alarm and ringtone haven't been set apart because we get quiet hours :) with qh you can set what time people can reach you and which people.. You can also set the option for some people (that you haven't allowed to break through--> inner circle) to reach you after calling you for quite a few times.. With this option the separate volume thing is obsolete lol

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I still can not change alarm volume on my windows phone 8 , and that's great since I usually put my phone on silent or zero volume while I go for a good sleep ;) and alarm works loud and wakes me up. I don't want to tinker alarm volume. It's made to wake me up , if I lower the volume I won't be able to hear the tone :smile:

Last edited:

snakerider

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the alarm and ringtone haven't been set apart because we get quiet hours :) with qh you can set what time people can reach you and which people.. You can also set the option for some people (that you haven't allowed to break through--> inner circle) to reach you after calling you for quite a few times.. With this option the separate volume thing is obsolete lol

But I want to take calls even if I sleep, its like now annoying to change volume every time you go to bed or wake up.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
But I want to take calls even if I sleep, its like now annoying to change volume every time you go to bed or wake up.

Yes you will be able to :) but you will also be able to filter the list of people that can reach you AND decide how others that aren't in the list can as well :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also you can have different separate tones for your ringtone and alarms, copy the ringtone you want into the ringtone folder on the phone and you will be able change it to that. It will be listed under "Custom" when you go to settings - ringtones and sound. The alarm tone is set in the alarms app and you can have a custom sound (will be also listed under custom) for that as well - You will also need to put your custom alarm sound in the ringtone folder.

Furthermore you can have custom sounds for notifications from different apps.

wp_ss_20140513_0005.png
wp_ss_20140513_0008.png
wp_ss_20140513_0006.png
wp_ss_20140513_0007.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo