Office and OneNote

adusak

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows if there are improvements to office (especially OneNote) in 8.1. I couldn't find any info on the topic. There were some hints in the build keynote about universal apps where they showed touch friendly office for RT, but nothing concrete.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've heard nothing in regards to this but I wouldn't be surprised if you and others who seem to want a full Office suite on a phone will be disappointed yet again.

I find nothing wrong with Note myself but I understand the WP Office is fairly limited in use. I don't see this changing much but then, maybe they might modify it slightly for larger screen phones.

On the whole, the keynote talked about a more touch friendly interface for tablets and touch PCs. The phone version wasn't really mentioned and I would highly doubt it that it will ever be an Office suite will full capabilities. The phone version is about simple reviews, modifications or a start. It's not about being a full suite.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've heard nothing in regards to this but I wouldn't be surprised if you and others who seem to want a full Office suite on a phone will be disappointed yet again.

I find nothing wrong with Note myself but I understand the WP Office is fairly limited in use. I don't see this changing much but then, maybe they might modify it slightly for larger screen phones.

On the whole, the keynote talked about a more touch friendly interface for tablets and touch PCs. The phone version wasn't really mentioned and I would highly doubt it that it will ever be an Office suite will full capabilities. The phone version is about simple reviews, modifications or a start. It's not about being a full suite.

What you say is true for Word/Excel, but Onenote for WP could use some tweaks.. As example, I can't move around a note from a section to the other or cancel a section, doesn't do OCR and so on..
Moreover, considering that it is the default note app and should open in a breeze, making it faster wouldn't be so bad either..

adusak

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't really want a full office suite on the phone, but it would be nice to see it updated.

In regards to the keynote, maybe I am reading too much in to it. But I don't think there will be much holding them back to create the office as an universal app. Since the APIs in Windows RT and WP 8.1 are nearly the same. Well we will find out some time in the future :)

As d_abbatelli said the OneNote app really deserves some enhancements. First being opening password protected sections. Also the navigation in the app is a bit weird. When you pin a note and open it from start screen then quit the app and open it using the app icon it resumes the same note and you have to click the back button (not the hw one but the one in app) multiple times to get back to the list of notebooks. Also the software back button seems out of place on windows phone.

Enough of my whining, I was just checking if anyone new more this topic. Tanks for your replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre