Question regarding what to look forward to.....

cjcampbell

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
So I added this to another thread but it did't get the attention I was hoping for. Sooooo..... I'm going to copy that post here. I hope it's not in bad form as that's definitely not my intention.... Mods... if you feel it prudent to delete, by all means do so. I'm just looking for an answer and the thread I posted to wasn't getting the attention I had hoped.

Ok... so this is my first post here. I'm doing a little research for a failsafe "just in case" scenario (still on contract so not going to move before the end of the year). I'm not familiar with WP and have never touched/held/used one but it has, up until now, been my first choice in a decision to switch (won't go iPhone period, Google freaks me out.. lol). With that said, I have a couple of concerns that I was not aware of and by reading the first few pages here, was brought to light....

Is there really no file manager?
Can you really not add PDF docs and/or multiple documents/attachments to an email?
Can you not edit a forwarded message?

I watched the keynote and it seemed like they were making some really nice headway but I'm, well, not so sure anymore. Cortana seems SUPER cool and well beyond the other options, but that's only a part of what I need. My main use is messaging, email, and phone calls. The rest is, well, fluff, but I like fluff when I want it.

As a disclaimer, I'm a BB10 user and do like it, but, as we all know, the future is "uncertain" (please... no bashing me or the platform. It really serves no purpose). I just want to know, will this satisfy my needs an extension of my desktop and phone. Will I be able to email like I do from my desk, have multiple functions open and operating at the same time, and be able to, not only edit Office documents, but PDF's as well.

Thanks for your time all and look forward to some insight.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
there is a file manager , its integrated into onedrive (one found in windows 8.1 ) and there will be a handy file picker in internet explorer to upload and download files (attach pdf , files ). you can mail attachments :smile: when i forward a message to one of my friend i can edit that message before sending that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium