Changing DNS Servers in Wifi settings in WP8.1

brainstorm123

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Can anybody check the SDK emulator and tell me whether we are able to change the DNS Servers in Wifi Settings? This is a feature I have been waiting for a long time. IOS and Android, both have it..Not sure why MS hasnt added this small feature

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Can anybody check the SDK emulator and tell me whether we are able to change the DNS Servers in Wifi Settings? This is a feature I have been waiting for a long time. IOS and Android, both have it..Not sure why MS hasnt added this small feature

there is no wifi in the emulator.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I dunno how you updated your phone to WP8.1. But I did a full phone reset right after the update finished just to clear out any possible kinks in the process. Perhaps that did the trick for me...

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I dunno how you updated your phone to WP8.1. But I did a full phone reset right after the update finished just to clear out any possible kinks in the process. Perhaps that did the trick for me...

Updated from dev preview. When I edit my network IP settings all grayed out and not editible like it was in wp8. I MAY try a full reset if/when i feel like reinstalling all my stuff again. Really shouldn't have to do that though. Just doesn't make sense.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Updated from dev preview. When I edit my network its all grayed out and not editible like it was in wp8. I MAY try a fill reset if/when i feel like reinstalling all my stuff again. Really shouldn't have to do that though.

From what I gather, a full reset fixes a lot of issues - although not all

If you're using your phone as your 'daily driver' I would suggest to hold on for a few more hours before you do a full reset. The Windows Phone store is currently not working and you may not be able to pull/update your apps.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

If you're using your phone as your 'daily driver' I would suggest to hold on for a few more hours before you do a full reset. The Windows Phone store is currently not working and you may not be able to pull/update your apps.

I'll test this on my 920 before I do it to this phone. I'll let you know how it goes

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Upgraded my 920. Same thing. Hard reset it. Same thing. Dude you cant set IP manually in wp8.1 y u troll me bro?

galtom

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes :-(
Looks like if DNS setting were in WP8.1 , they are gone now :-(.

And VPN is another problem - only 1 protocol to choose from and not very popular :-( So... in reality VPN is still unusable :-(

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes :-(
Looks like if DNS setting were in WP8.1 , they are gone now :-(.

And VPN is another problem - only 1 protocol to choose from and not very popular :-( So... in reality VPN is still unusable :-(

BUT if you notice there is a link to download SSL VPN apps from the store. So I'm hoping that means cisco can now develop an app for it
I really want to set custom DNS for my phone though,:( I wanna use my unblock us so I can use Netflix!

galtom

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have just spoke to VPN provider I use to access Netflu, Hulu and others. For now that do not plan to add IKEv2 support to their range of VPN protocols - PPTP, L2TP, SSTP and OpenVPN is enough. Problem is, that Ms decided to swap SSTP for IKEv2 (I hope they will add different protocols in future :-( ). But with no DNS change support I can not use even SmartDNS they are offering.

Sometimes I really wish I had iOS or Android device :-(

Mahipal Manav

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Is this feature coming in windows phone 8.1 or this is just a rumour. Microsoft seems to be against providing static ip to users (to avoid IP clashes, i think so....) Kindly post more details about this feature.

Yaw Agyei

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have hard reset my phone three times after doing the WP 8.1 update but I still don't have the static IP option in Wi-Fi settings.

Sent from my RM-825_im_mea3_341 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)