Wp 8.1 kids corner

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
We have seen a lot at BUILD about wp8.1 and its features...many other features appeared in leaks but so far there is no information about Kids corner !!

Has it been modified and if so...then has the password bug been resolved ??!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What password bug?

And it properly has got some changes, I think some developers have said kids corner for WP8.1 doesn't require password to be access.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We have seen a lot at BUILD about wp8.1 and its features...many other features appeared in leaks but so far there is no information about Kids corner !!

Has it been modified and if so...then has the password bug been resolved ??!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

If you password protect your phone and turn on Kid's Corner, the Kid's Corner will no longer require the password.

That is the "bug"... :)

Balaji C

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have installed the preview and it is not asking for the password. However, when i launch Kids corner, i see just tiles without anything. The layout is like the one i had in WP8. when i click the tiles, it is reporting, it cannot be opened. System error. I tried to remove all the apps, videos, games, turned off/on, soft reset. still no luck. If i add the apps/videos, it is listing in the bottom. But i am not able to get rid of the blank tiles. Anyone has this issue?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If you password protect your phone and turn on Kid's Corner, the Kid's Corner will no longer require the password.

I don't think that your observation is correct. Assuming that you have a PIN and have Kid's Corner turned on, then...
If you have recently unlocked your phone, getting into Kid's Corner does not prompt for the PIN.
If you have recently unlocked Kid's Corner, getting into Kid's Corner does not prompt for the PIN.
If you have NOT recently unlocked your phone, Kid's Corner will prompt for the PIN.
If you have recently unlocked Kid's Corner, but not the full phone, Kid's Corner won't prompt for a PIN, but the phone will.

Essentially, the logic remains as it was in 8.0. Many folks wanted a password-free Kid's Corner (I did not), but they didn't get it. The platform remains secure.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought the bug was if you have a passcode, Kid's Corner will ask for the passcode too when really it shouldn't. Isn't that the whole point of Kid's Corner? To not ask for a passcode?

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

You're wrong mate.It does require a password on password protecting the phone.Thats the bug.
It shouldn't ask for a password, or at the least allow us to use a different password.

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Kids corner SHOULD have an option to set a PIN that is different then the one that fully unlocks the phone or maybe an option to not have a PIN at all. The way it is currently implemented is completely retarded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos