We have seen a lot at BUILD about wp8.1 and its features...many other features appeared in leaks but so far there is no information about Kids corner !!

Has it been modified and if so...then has the password bug been resolved ??!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    04-08-2014 11:03 AM
    What password bug?

And it properly has got some changes, I think some developers have said kids corner for WP8.1 doesn't require password to be access.
    04-08-2014 11:38 AM
    We have seen a lot at BUILD about wp8.1 and its features...many other features appeared in leaks but so far there is no information about Kids corner !!

Has it been modified and if so...then has the password bug been resolved ??!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    If you password protect your phone and turn on Kid's Corner, the Kid's Corner will no longer require the password.

That is the "bug"... :)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 01:54 PM
    If you password protect your phone and turn on Kid's Corner, the Kid's Corner will no longer require the password.

Oh that is a bug.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 04-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Talderon likes this.
    04-08-2014 01:56 PM
    I have installed the preview and it is not asking for the password. However, when i launch Kids corner, i see just tiles without anything. The layout is like the one i had in WP8. when i click the tiles, it is reporting, it cannot be opened. System error. I tried to remove all the apps, videos, games, turned off/on, soft reset. still no luck. If i add the apps/videos, it is listing in the bottom. But i am not able to get rid of the blank tiles. Anyone has this issue?
    04-16-2014 05:22 PM

I don't think that your observation is correct. Assuming that you have a PIN and have Kid's Corner turned on, then...
    If you have recently unlocked your phone, getting into Kid's Corner does not prompt for the PIN.
    If you have recently unlocked Kid's Corner, getting into Kid's Corner does not prompt for the PIN.
    If you have NOT recently unlocked your phone, Kid's Corner will prompt for the PIN.
    If you have recently unlocked Kid's Corner, but not the full phone, Kid's Corner won't prompt for a PIN, but the phone will.

Essentially, the logic remains as it was in 8.0. Many folks wanted a password-free Kid's Corner (I did not), but they didn't get it. The platform remains secure.
    unshavengarvit likes this.
    04-16-2014 07:12 PM
    I thought the bug was if you have a passcode, Kid's Corner will ask for the passcode too when really it shouldn't. Isn't that the whole point of Kid's Corner? To not ask for a passcode?
    04-16-2014 09:47 PM

You're wrong mate.It does require a password on password protecting the phone.Thats the bug.
    It shouldn't ask for a password, or at the least allow us to use a different password.
    04-16-2014 10:06 PM
    When will the Kid's Corner update as it does not ask for PIN as it should load without any PIN, will available on WP8.1...??
    04-17-2014 12:42 AM
    It would be nice if one can set a soft pin for kid's corner that will not allow access for the full smartphone function.
    04-17-2014 01:00 AM
    Kids corner SHOULD have an option to set a PIN that is different then the one that fully unlocks the phone or maybe an option to not have a PIN at all. The way it is currently implemented is completely retarded.
    09-22-2014 10:03 AM
    Nvm
    Last edited by jeffchapik; 10-17-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-17-2014 07:01 AM