Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview out?? Just got a update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
At this point every reasoning which puts the update for today or tomorrow is good reasoning. :D I'm abusing that "check for updates" button even though I'm quite aware of the fact that the chances of nailing that update now are nonexistent. :) Getting it before the weekend would be awesome but I highly doubt it. So, please, Microsoft, prove me wrong and plug us all in right now. :)

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
We should wait a little more hours till 11am PST to see if there's any updates. Which means for me I'm gonna have a late night dang!

Taube

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
i hate to spoil the party, but i'm guessing it will not come out today (14th seems more likely).
"how?" you ask? well, knowing the past work, i'm guessing before the preview rolls out, MS would update the windows phone 8 update changelog on their site, which they haven't.
also they got no legit motive in teasing people by giving them a "rough estimate" of the preview rolls out. the only reason (i feel) they haven't given news is that it really needs work and it won't be immediate.
so that's what.
although i can't tell you how happy i'd be to be proven wrong, but then false hopes mostly hurt, don't they?

Did they update the changelog with developer previews? Don't they update it when it officially roll out?

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Since Build Belfiore repeatedly said the preview will be released in the "first part of April". NOT sometime in April. He also said that his comments on that are vague because they don't have a definite date yet. So you can assume that the planned release date is at least a few days BEFORE the end of the "first part of April" (so they have a few days left in case things take longer than planned).

Belfiore's comments are the only official source we have, and from those we can assume, that: The planned release date is at least a few days before April 15th (which technically is the last day of the first "part" of the month), and that any day later than 15th is unlikely.

Since the 12th and 13th are weekend, there are only a few possibilities left: Today, tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday.
Monday and Tuesday seem unlikely for the reasons I explained above. That leaves us with Today or tomorrow.

Besides that, today or tomorrow would make a lot of sense. Today was reported to be the planned release date before they came up with the 14th. According to a leaked mail from MS, bug fixing was planned to be finished by the 8th. And at a Build session, a Cortana engineer said you'll be able to play with the new feature "next week" (which is this week).

Again, moving more information around to fit your desires. Admittedly, I am excited for this as well but there is absolutely no reason to be throwing dates out that "make sense" when we will all know precisely when it comes out....well, when it comes out. Just because he said "the beginning of April" also doesn't mean that it will necessarily be released in the beginning of April. They've delayed updates for the Xbox One and the same could certainly happen for WP.

While 4/14 makes the most sense, we still have people who had every reason to believe it would've been the 8th, then the 10th, now the 11th, then the 14th...

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
i think Joe better state atleast mid april, rather than first part, atleadt its kinda more accurate thant saying first part of april when its already middle part of april

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
There won't be an update today, tomorrow or even after the 14th unless Microsoft announces an exact date... There not going to just randomly drop the update without anyone knowing... Knowing Microsoft we probably will have to wait longer.

Taube

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Again, moving more information around to fit your desires. Admittedly, I am excited for this as well but there is absolutely no reason to be throwing dates out that "make sense" when we will all know precisely when it comes out....well, when it comes out. Just because he said "the beginning of April" also doesn't mean that it will necessarily be released in the beginning of April. They've delayed updates for the Xbox One and the same could certainly happen for WP.

While 4/14 makes the most sense, we still have people who had every reason to believe it would've been the 8th, then the 10th, now the 11th, then the 14th...

I don't think you understand my post. You were talking about "indications", so that's what my reply was about, not about predictions. There are indications that MS is or was planning to release the preview this week, and that MS thinks they can release it until 15th, even if things get delayed.

Taube

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
There won't be an update today, tomorrow or even after the 14th unless Microsoft announces an exact date... There not going to just randomly drop the update without anyone knowing... Knowing Microsoft we probably will have to wait longer.

I don't think they'll announce it days before, they'll probably just publish a blog post or something as they release it.

Vinit Yadav

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
i don't think they gonna release wp8.1 soon, as BUILD event is still hot in news and wp8.1 release will divert the focus, i m expecting 8.1 on 14th, ......nd yes i wanna be wrong......before 14th......

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to create a new forum through the wpcentral app windows phone

Visit the section that you think your new thread fits the most, and click the thing that creates a new thread.

But as I said, you must navigate your wart to the right section first.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
joebelfiore ‏just tweeted -:
Yowza, you're going nuts 4 #WP8.1 dev preview. Everyone relax thru weekend, check in early next week. Enjoy Win8.1 update, write apps! :)

Dhiren Sharma

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
joebelfiore ‏@joebelfiore

Yowza, you're going nuts 4 #WP8.1 dev preview. Everyone relax thru weekend, check in early next week. Enjoy Win8.1 update, write apps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos