I really hope notifications will be reliable and live tiles will work properly

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone 8.1 is looking to be the most important update for the platform,and I am eagerly waiting for monday to download the preview. I hope that finally live tiles will work properly. One problem that is apparent is even with the official Instagram BETA app it does not seem to update it's live tile properly when notifications come in. The notifications can be a huge hit in miss in all apps. I have instances, especially with 6snap, where I get notifications, and sometimes I do not. It can be quite frustrating since I have to go back to the app, and keep on double checking. Even these messaging apps with the background messaging are reliable about 95% of the time. Facebook messenger seems to work okay, but I hate how the app must reload when I get a notification. It drives me nuts that not all apps instantly resume. Now that all apps will resume instantly once updated to windows phone 8.1, than things will much better. The problem is that I do not have confidence in the os that I will get timely notifications, and this must change. In windows 8.1 the live tiles seem to work properly, and I do not have these types of problems. I have been a windows phone user from the htc hd7, and when I tried the os in person, and saw how smooth it was I feel in love at first sight. It has been quite a journey, but the OS is finally beginning to reach my standards and I hope MS will be able to make the os reliable in terms of notifications. I really do not care if the platform ever gets much higher market share wise, all I want is the os to be perfect to my needs, keep on getting the best nokia hardware, I will be living happier.

What do you guys think?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes I hope they have fixed the notification issue , ghost notifications. Notifications that you missed will be avaliable in notification centre and if you want to remove them just swipe right to remove them from nc. I am really looking forward to this big update. I do miss WhatsApp notification at times but I can manage them easily in notification centre.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Lacking proper notifications has been vital, but the fluidity and stability made up for those differences. With an ample notification center experience, it can make the os much more reliable.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
i have a question .
will tapping on notification will redirects you to its respective app?
Tapping a notification in windows phone 8 currently when it comes will take you to the notification. I am sure that it is the same activity in windows phone 8.1

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am sure Microsoft has done something regarding this problem.! While thinking of adding the notification center in the OS, Its reliability may have strike in some one's mind.!
But anyways we are using a product of one of the best software companies in the world.! Lets have faith in them and lets be patient until the WP8.1 goes live (Officially)..!

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
These are the times were I guess Microsoft would actually use their won operating system on a day to day basis. I can only hope windows phone 8.1 apps will not have this problem.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa