04-13-2014 06:48 AM
36 12
tools
    Does Windows Phone 8.1 not have the "ME" tile? None of the screenshots or videos I have seen till now have the "ME" tile.

Since Facebook and Twitter are now separate apps, wonder what the ME tile would show anyways.
    04-11-2014 12:16 PM
    You will see in a few days

- Tapatalk -
    ven07 likes this.
    04-11-2014 12:17 PM
    You will see in a few days

- Tapatalk -
    It wont be out till June I thought?
    04-11-2014 12:20 PM
    Search for developer program. Enjoy

- Tapatalk -
    ven07 likes this.
    04-11-2014 12:22 PM
    Does Windows Phone 8.1 not have the "ME" tile? None of the screenshots or videos I have seen till now have the "ME" tile.

Since Facebook and Twitter are now separate apps, wonder what the ME tile would show anyways.
    It probably got removed, just like on W8
    04-11-2014 12:27 PM
    The me tile is still there in the emulator at least. And from the BUILD sessions that I've watched, I'm fairly confident it'll be there when it's released. It allows posting to fb and twitter using the share contract found in windows 8.1

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 12:28 PM
    The me tile is still there in the emulator at least. And from the BUILD sessions that I've watched, I'm fairly confident it'll be there when it's released. It allows posting to fb and twitter using the share contract found in windows 8.1

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    If it's there in the emulator, it would be there on the phone too, I think. What does it show on the emulator when you click on it? Does it show any notifications?

Is there any use of having it pinned to the Start screen anymore? Currently it shows me my Facebook notifications
    04-11-2014 12:42 PM
    I can't check right now since I'm at work. But from my memory, it looks basically identical to today. Though you can only post to one social network at a time (due to how the share contract works) and you have to pin it from the people hub. It's not pinned by default. I'll have to see about notifications, I didn't link my fb or twitter when I was playing with it.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 12:46 PM
    I can't check right now since I'm at work. But from my memory, it looks basically identical to today. Though you can only post to one social network at a time (due to how the share contract works) and you have to pin it from the people hub. It's not pinned by default. I'll have to see about notifications, I didn't link my fb or twitter when I was playing with it.

That's fine. We'll all know in 3 days anyways
    04-11-2014 01:09 PM
    It actually was told somewhere. There will be one. Except that when posting updates to social networks, it gives you quick access to the apps post screen (like fb, or twitter ) and you can select what app you want to use for quick access. So check inn for foursquare, and statuses for fb or twitter :)
    04-11-2014 01:16 PM
    I'll check tonight if I have a chance and report back

ven07 likes this.
    04-11-2014 01:16 PM
    Search for developer program. Enjoy

- Tapatalk -
    Yeah I read about that but I am not a developer
    04-11-2014 01:18 PM
    Then your research wasn't good enough.

- Tapatalk -
    unnatixlr8 likes this.
    04-11-2014 01:51 PM
    Really sad about it only letting you post to either Facebook or twitter at a time, posting to both simultaneously is one of the most used features on my phone right now, hopefully they can bring that function back
    KKRLessey and F3rzz like this.
    04-11-2014 01:55 PM
    Really sad about it only letting you post to either Facebook or twitter at a time, posting to both simultaneously is one of the most used features on my phone right now, hopefully they can bring that function back

While I liked the convenience, it won't like come back. The reason it was possible previously was because Microsoft was handling the communication with the social media. Now, with the share contract, the OS is only passing the text that you entered to the app and then the app handles the posting and processing. Thus means the app needs to be open and only one can be at a time. It is theoretically possible to write an app to hook into this that provides multiple social networks but that would require effort from third party app devs.

Bogi Georgiev and jojoe42 like this.
    04-11-2014 02:15 PM
    You don't need to be. ;)
    04-11-2014 02:22 PM
    While I liked the convenience, it won't like come back. The reason it was possible previously was because Microsoft was handling the communication with the social media. Now, with the share contract, the OS is only passing the text that you entered to the app and then the app handles the posting and processing. Thus means the app needs to be open and only one can be at a time. It is theoretically possible to write an app to hook into this that provides multiple social networks but that would require effort from third party app devs.

aaaahh ok, that makes sense! Oh well, I'll live without it :P
    04-11-2014 02:32 PM

It indeed has the me tile still. Saw this on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/windowsphone/sta...034752/photo/1
    ven07 likes this.
    04-11-2014 03:39 PM
    Lol you my friend are an honest person!!! :P Hahah most of the people registering as dev's arent dev's... So you can see this dev preview as a backdoor into a world that isn't perfect yet.. If a lot of people get the update MS will have more feedback on what is wrong or what can be better.. This gets them ready for the global release
    04-11-2014 04:04 PM
    Just double checked the emulator, there's no notification pivot. I also can't seem to add Facebook as an integrated account. But twitter is there. Everything Facebook seems to be hooked in from the app for 8.1. Weird that twitter isn't the same case

04-11-2014 04:52 PM
    Just double checked the emulator, there's no notification pivot. I also can't seem to add Facebook as an integrated account. But twitter is there. Everything Facebook seems to be hooked in from the app for 8.1. Weird that twitter isn't the same case

F....ck I really liked the option to post to twitter and facebook at the same time.....
    04-11-2014 07:43 PM
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    here is an image from windows phone official fb page. and u can see the ME tile

04-11-2014 09:38 PM
    You don't need to be a developer. It's open to all.
    04-12-2014 01:15 AM

In that case, the ME tile is almost useless to me. Well :-(
    04-12-2014 01:17 AM
    Thanks all for the screenshots. The only reason I used the "ME" tile was to receive Facebook/Twitter notifications. I don't post updates that often. Well, 2 more days to go :-)
    04-12-2014 01:19 AM
36 12