Universal File Picker demoed on Windows Phone 8.1 (video)

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
File picker is used to make file managers? Rite?

Well, I don't think it would be a true file manager. I don't see anything regarding copying, cutting and pasting so you probably would not be able to move files around.

I think files are downloaded or synced to the phone and depending on the file extension, they are placed in specified folders. The file picker api probably just lets you pick the files out of those specified folders for attachments. I'm not a developer so I could be wrong.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't think it would be a true file manager. I don't see anything regarding copying, cutting and pasting so you probably would not be able to move files around.

I think files are downloaded or synced to the phone and depending on the file extension, they are placed in specified folders. The file picker api probably just lets you pick the files out of those specified folders for attachments. I'm not a developer so I could be wrong.
Can u tellme how to add new thread in forums via wpcentral windowsphone app?

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So finally we'll have a file manager that can copy paste things n sort things n all..?
If some good file managers, which already is there in the store right now, implement this so yes.
There will naturally be som limitations so that you can't **** up the OS things of course.

:smile:

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
So finally we'll have a file manager that can copy paste things n sort things n all..?

WP8.1 also has a "Folder Picker" which gives full access to a folder. So we can expect apps that ask you to add whole SD card or music folder the first time you run the app, then the app can copy,paste,etc. See this.

Update: Of course you will be able to manage personal files, but not system related files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes