Patiently waiting for WP 8.1 update.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Not quite. Lumia Storage Check accounts for ALL the storage used. Phone Storage(I mean the MS. Phone storage shown in settings before storage check) eliminated the other category and created a storage "black hole" where the numbers reported do not add up. For example, My phone says I have used 6.50GB of storage. Adding up the individual categories reveals a usage of 6.01GB. Problem? Very much so.
Edited to clear up issues

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Not quite. Lumia Storage Check accounts for ALL the storage used. Storage check eliminated the other category and created a storage "black hole" where the numbers reported do not add up. For example, My phone says I have used 6.50GB of storage. Adding up the individual categories reveals a usage of 6.01GB. Problem? Very much so.

No they didn't. Other is down at the bottom of Storage Check.

Why bother trying to say something that's not true?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
just got a small firmware update on my lumia 620(India) are there any changes? is this update out only for those who are eligible for wp8.1 dev update?

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Listen. Lumia Storage check has both other and temporary files. Phone storage shows only temporary files. When adding up all my storage, turns out that Phone storage has phantom storage i.e, it doesn't add up, while storage check does not.

I did listen. I've worked on Windows Phone, Xbox, and Zune at Microsoft. What would I know right? I mean how could I know that they renamed Other to Temporary Files as part of the GDR 3 changes?

I mean after all they permabanned me after I've put up with death threats, Daniel calling me names after I report them to him, having my fiancee called a little piggy and personal and professional attacks on multiple levels.

I should just be nice right? :)

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I did listen. I've worked on Windows Phone, Xbox, and Zune at Microsoft. What would I know right? I mean how could I know that they renamed Other to Temporary Files as part of the GDR 3 changes?

I mean after all they permabanned me after I've put up with death threats, Daniel calling me names after I report them to him, having my fiancee called a little piggy and personal and professional attacks on multiple levels.

I should just be nice right? :)
Everything after "changes" falls into the realm of "cool story bro." I'm not Daniel, and ad-hominem attacks are the most ridiculous things imo. But ok, fine. I won't argue with you, pull out your phone and check the storage data category by category. Add it up. See if it adds up to the total amount of used storage reported.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
How do you know the amount of temporary internet files if its not reported? And how come system keeps increasing? p.s my discrepancy is 0.5GB

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Great. This leads back to the original point of the phone storage not reporting all files and hiding some.
Edit: Deleting the posts I replied to makes me look crazy haha.

Last edited:

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss