No HERE Drive on WP8.1 developer preview?

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
After the 8.1 DP install, Here+ Drive works on my 920 via Bluetooth in my car but there is a bit of a quirk; after each direction announcement, "Turn left in 300 yards" etc, I get the "Call has ended" blurb. Previously, those words have only been heard after a phone call.

Has anyone else gotten this anomaly?

Joe
Yes mine has switched to emulating a phone call in my car now too, not any better than before where they would
blank out my music and pick up, plus my car takes so long to switch back I still have to rewind podcasts or miss parts of songs. I prefer the ways that Waze does it, over the phone speaker or overlaid over my audio

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Here Maps and Here Drive both seem to be working well with one exception in Here Drive - operating with my Honda's Bluetooth link, the music I'm playing will stop when Drive has a voice prompt, but all there is - is dead air. Tried see deleting and re-installing voices+ soft reset, but still no joy

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here drive works fine here on 8.1.....Crap, the other day, I hit up Cortana and said "Please get me home" and she opened Here drive and I was navigating home....Yea, seems to work fine for me...

RAMacLennan

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Here Drive seems to work on my Nokia 1520 with Developer Preview installed, and Language, Speech and region set to US to enable Cortana, but battery drains very rapidly.

bw96

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Here Maps and Here Drive both seem to be working well with one exception in Here Drive - operating with my Honda's Bluetooth link, the music I'm playing will stop when Drive has a voice prompt, but all there is - is dead air. Tried see deleting and re-installing voices+ soft reset, but still no joy

Same here on 1020, VW Golf Mk7
8.1DP, in UK but everything set to English US for Cortana

Last edited:

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
My Here Drive+ app works perfectly after the Prev for Dev update. I use it a lot and never any issues. UK on Lumia 920.

In fact it is functionally better as it is accessible through Cortana.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 520 here drive+ works sometime perfectly but sometimes give errors "navigation not available in your region" anyone of you having this problem I am from India but region and language all set to US(to use Cortana)

josh_zombie

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to prevent Here Drive from losing GPS signal (thus interrupting my turn-by-turn navigation) when turning off the screen (standby)? I made sure app is running in background and tried messing with the battery saver settings within the app itself.

Zaki Smile

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it will work if you allow Drive to run in background, but it will consume very much battery instead. If this doesn't work I think you can't run it in the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs