Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

ckuptz

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

On my Lumia 920, I first got the cogs screen about 45 minutes ago and the status line is only about 5% complete. Been this way for some time. Did a soft reset about 20 minutes ago and it returned to the cogs screen with about the same percentage on the status line. I am not seeing any progress at all.

UPDATE: It finally completed the install. Took about 1.5 hours.

Last edited:

J_TheOne

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Okay so Hard reset dosen't solve Wifi issues with broken updates so please beware and don't end up like me who ended up downloading the update on their main handset

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

The Games live tile doesn't seem to animate anymore. Opening the tile shows everything is there as expected, just the tile isn't animated.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Can no longer get to facebook's desktop site in IE. No matter what I do it redirects me to the mobile page. :straight:

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

My 925 isn't updating to 8.1, after the first update its been checking for updates for 2 hours with no joy.

Robbie_Jardine

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Apps automatically updated even though this has been disabled.

Can't seem to get lock screen themes either which is weird.

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't had any problem to upgrade to 8.1 ,the most thing that take time it was the install,the migrate was very fast unlike gdr3 update,i don't have any bugs everything its working fine on my ativ s.Very nice and smooth.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Cortana not working, I can't connect to any bing services, I ALWAYS get sent to mobile sites.. my 1520 told me it feels disrespected when it see's mobile sites

EDIT: my text messages aren't showing in thread, I think this has to do with not being able to connect to bing services though

klaudio#WN

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone

My 1020 and 920 were stuck in gears around 90 minutes, then other 90 minutes in the process of "we have almost finished" should be called "still a long way", I recommend don't despair, phone will heat like hell during the process but try to of do not disconnect it from the power source, at the beginning seems that it does not advance the 5% that many listed but last about 90 minutes you go in 3 seconds It was 100%. As additional data my 1020 has only 4.5 GB free memory and around 120 applications installed, the 920 has 9.2 GB free and some 60 installed apps, I hope this information helps them that they avoid to do a hard reset or a soft reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss