Who has updated their 1020 to 8.1?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey just wondering has anyone updated their 1020s to 8.1 just yet?

I am shocked to see there hasn't been a thread made specifically for it. But I was wondering did anyone run into any bugs or issues.
I am going to upgrade my mom's phone(She has 1020) and my brother's later today.

My 1520 updated well enough with no issues but of course since I don't own a 1020 any more, I do want to try and key up to date and see if there were any issues :D

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to hear some reports. Do we have any negative impacts on our 1020s by upgrading, for example Nokia Camera not working?

Nokia Camera is working.. Stock camera app is nice, too. The only app I noticed (so far) that stopped working was the lockscreen app

maka12

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
just seen a review for it , looks nice, do you have to be a developer to download it? or can can someone with no it skills use it?
thanks

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Updated 1020 here.. All is well so far. Got my extra tiles which are awesome! Now trying to "educate" Cortana on a few things...

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey just wondering has anyone updated their 1020s to 8.1 just yet?

I am shocked to see there hasn't been a thread made specifically for it. But I was wondering did anyone run into any bugs or issues.
I am going to upgrade my mom's phone(She has 1020) and my brother's later today.

My 1520 updated well enough with no issues but of course since I don't own a 1020 any more, I do want to try and key up to date and see if there were any issues :D

I've made a thread before this!!!😁

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna wait i hope people realise if they download the developer version and for some reason they have to factory reset their phone that it completely buggers it and you have to reflash your phone.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just spent a giddy 1 hour playing with all the new stuff and then just realized I havent even played with Cortana yet, yeah Im not getting anything done at work today

kxcd

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now to my 1020......

I installed the Developers Preview on Saturday and immediately got an update. I tried updating at 7:00am EST this morning and nothing. Tried again at 10:30am EST and an update was found! First update took about 20 minutes to download, install and reboot. Versions after first update: OS: 10532.166, FW: ...1346.0001, HW: 3.3.0.0. After checking the version info, I went to Phone Updates and another update was already downloading. This second update is the main WP8.1 update. According to the screen it will be vers. 8.1 (8.10.12359.845). It's been 20 minutes and update is downloaded, but still in the process of installing (migrating data, step 13 of 19)...it's been approximately 30 mins for this second download/install and it's at 70% completion...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna wait i hope people realise if they download the developer version and for some reason they have to factory reset their phone that it completely buggers it and you have to reflash your phone.

Oh really? Are you serious?(I mean I am sure you are xD) but I didn't know that.
I was going to actually to a clean reinstall for my phone by factory resetting it.

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I installed the update this morning. Feels a lot faster and smoother, but I noticed the colors gotten a bit brighter? It just looks a little off. Has anyone notice and camera enhancements?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Finished downloading it. The three-column look will take some getting used to. But Cortana works great and the phone is real smooth.

Liam_o

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 8.1 not long ago, only issue i've found so far is that whatsapp messages aren't arriving until i open the app, whereas before push messages worked fine, whatsapp FAQ mentions something about microsoft push servers though, and i imagine the servers are taking a bashing with all the people trying to download the updates

LuisCAguirre

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It bricked my 1020, it's been stuck at the spinning gears for over 5 hours. Tried every key combination on the net, I'm down to my last resort and gonna try to flash the stock ROM using the Nokia Suite. This sucks :(

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

What exactly do you mean by reflash? Seems like if you had to wipe your phone, it would automatically install the latest OTA OS. Why wouldn't it?

LuisCAguirre

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well it's the recovery tool Nokia issued, but I cannot download a full ROM...it keeps corrupting no matter what I do. I'd basically get the latest ATT ROM which includes Lumia Black. I am still stuck, I've been trying to fix this all day. No luck

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by reflash? Seems like if you had to wipe your phone, it would automatically install the latest OTA OS. Why wouldn't it?

I mean if you decided to get the developer preview you are locked into that beta version of software restoring your phone to factory settings is not a option i found this out after i got the developer preview of gdr3 on my Ativ S and i restored my phone to factory settings after encountering a bug and it bricked my phone i then had to go to the hassle of my connecting my phone to my pc and reflashing the phone myself.

Here check this link: http://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/featured/devpreview

•You cannot revert or return to a prior operating system release version after you have updated your phone to a preview update. We will move you forward to a "released state," but we cannot take you back to a prior "released state."

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre