WP 8.1 Upgrade error 80188309

florianfrank

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I reset my W1 aswell and also I don't have a possibility to update. hangs at 96% like the rest of us :/

MICROSOFT, FIX THIS NOW!
everyone has the update except me now, thank you very much microsoft :(

Sinaan Haadi1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Im also having the same error message displayed.i think maybe the server is busy or its the problem with some mobile's like 520 and 720 please solve this issue as soon as possible.

Eli_A

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Folks,
You can update the specific information concerning your device on this thread, and watch for more news there as well.

This will help us to look into your issue and resolve it.

Thanks,
Eli A.

florianfrank

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I contacted support and they claim that the installation is HUGE. like 4.5 GB. yet after I contacted them I see that it is only 330 MB and I have 1.60 GB free, so that cannot be it. I am trying to contact them again now, so they will hopefully look into it

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I contacted support and they claim that the installation is HUGE. like 4.5 GB. yet after I contacted them I see that it is only 330 MB and I have 1.60 GB free, so that cannot be it. I am trying to contact them again now, so they will hopefully look into it
the update's 330 MB are probably heavily compressed - for installation it needs to decompress it first, which might make it a lot bigger. I think it initially asked me to free up ~700 MB just for the download, so I wouldn't be so sure about the 330 either...

I guess all we can do is follow the thread someone posted earlier and wait for MS to resolve this :(

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Also note some people reported having the problem with the Ascend W2 in the thread, so it's probably not a memory issue (W2 has 8 GB), but the FailForHuaweiDevices flag set to 1 :eek:rly:

cpw1959

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here,looks like the promise of all wp8 devices doesn't extend to the huawei w1 devices,shame as its my development phone of choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel