WP 8.1 Upgrade error 80188309

medanasbo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a Windows Phone developer from Tunisia and I have HUAWEI Ascend W1 (HUAWEI 4Africa exactly)
I used to enable preview for developers since 2013 to get GDR 3 and now I'm trying to upgrade to 8.1 through it :wink:
But unfortunately, I've got an error with number 80188309 :angry:
Lumia owners got the same error when they was trying to upgrade to Lumia Black
For region I set USA and I flashed my phone with USA ROM since 3 or 4 days ago as I expected to get Cortana :love:
After I failed 2 times in getting the update [stuck in Preparing to install 96%] then moves back until 04% (but very quickly) then I get the error

80188309.jpg

Now I changed everything to Tunisia (Region ...) and I'm downloading the update (59% actually)
Any one got same problem ? any solution ? :unhappy:

Thanks​

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried restarting, not only that but I made sure that I had almost 4GB of free storage before the update.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Restart, make sure you are on Wi-Fi, then press Check for Update again. I had this once too. Oh yes, I also freed up 10GB space (originally 3.8GB free). Not to sure if that helped too.

AddVariety

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got the same error, on a Huawei Ascend W1 as well. It's not because of slow internet connection, I'm on a Wi-Fi 100 Mbit/s up+down. Any ideas?

medanasbo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
it's not an internet problem ..
The update downloads completely and prepares to install but when stuck in 96% like happens for everybody, in few seconds I get the error got it ?

pdplatypus

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Having the same experience here in the Philippines. I flashed Russia GDR2 rom then update to the latest GDR3 Preview.

Anyway, is there a link where I can get USA ROM? I would prefer to use that since Russia ROM is limited to 3 languages. I understand Filipino and English and I'm studying Japanese and Spanish.

Huawei sucks big time anyway. Only China gets the GDR3 update while the others had received GDR2 and some are still stuck with GDR1 like in my case before I started flashing.

medanasbo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Having the same experience here in the Philippines. I flashed Russia GDR2 rom then update to the latest GDR3 Preview.

Anyway, is there a link where I can get USA ROM? I would prefer to use that since Russia ROM is limited to 3 languages. I understand Filipino and English and I'm studying Japanese and Spanish.

Huawei sucks big time anyway. Only China gets the GDR3 update while the others had received GDR2 and some are still stuck with GDR1 like in my case before I started flashing.

Yes there is USA ROM Link
华为W1-U00固件(W1-U00,WindowsPhone 8,V100R001C25B054,美国固件).rar_免费高速下载|百度云 网盘-分享无限制

medanasbo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Guys, Microsoft should give us a full support ... I'm trying to get help from Windows Phone Technical Support via CHAT but no one can solve this yet !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss