WP 8.1: HTC Tile No Display

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to WP 8.1 and my HTC Start tile doesn't display the letters, time, or weather anymore. Has anyone found a fix?

Knlin731

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of a good alternative clock app with live tile? My clock for HTC live tile won't actively update, I have to force it to update in the app with the weather tab :(

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just did a hard reset and restore and it didn't work for me. It looks like the ONE advantage we had over Nokia (besides Beats Audio) is gone.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I reported the bug to HTC and am using Amazing Weather HD instead. It doesn't have the time, but the weather live tile is excellent.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
plz dont be srs

the 8.1 update was from Microsoft, so anything by HTC will need a firmware update in order to work....

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine was also working until it restarted, really disappointed that this got broken I hope HTC will be able to fix it in the official release of 8.1

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I contacted HTC as well on this issue along with a photo of the start screen. I hope they can fix this...

Hey wiseguywood, what contact details did you use to talk to HTC? I'd like to voice my frustration at losing the one and only feature I had over my Lumia buddies too, since upgrading to WP8.1. Not happy.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't get the tech support email to work on my PC (the captcha thing kept rejecting) so I asked the tech chat rep to pass on the report. I hope he had a better method!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey wiseguywood, what contact details did you use to talk to HTC? I'd like to voice my frustration at losing the one and only feature I had over my Lumia buddies too, since upgrading to WP8.1. Not happy.

How is it HTC's fault that we're running on a version of the OS that they don't support yet? They told us before the preview was released that they would have 8.1 upgrades ready in the coming months...we all knew and accepted the risks when we installed the developer preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786