Google Account re-auth broken?

Mikael Alfredsson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Not really sure this is 8.1-ralted but I updated to WP 8.1 dev just an hour ago and when done, I noticed two attention highlights under my account-settings.
The first one was for Facebook and that one was easily solved with an re-auth, but I cant seem to access Googles page for authorizing my phone.
As stupid as I am I removed the Google account from my phone (bye bye contacts and calendar events) in hope that it would be simpler to add the account again but still no luck.

Im trying with the following:
Settings / email+accounts
+add an account
Google

This results in a window saying: "To add Google to your phone, we will take you to Google to authorize Windows Phone to access your account."
I click "Connect", the screen flickers and some loading indicator shows up for half a second and then takes me back to the "To add Google to your phone..."

Anyone else that has this issue.
Best Regards

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing as you, but it actually loaded up the Google Page. Did that about 30 minutes ago. It wouldn't be that you're on WiFi and maybe that page is getting blocked for some strange reason?

Hi,

Not really sure this is 8.1-ralted but I updated to WP 8.1 dev just an hour ago and when done, I noticed two attention highlights under my account-settings.
The first one was for Facebook and that one was easily solved with an re-auth, but I cant seem to access Googles page for authorizing my phone.
As stupid as I am I removed the Google account from my phone (bye bye contacts and calendar events) in hope that it would be simpler to add the account again but still no luck.

Im trying with the following:
Settings / email+accounts
+add an account
Google

This results in a window saying: "To add Google to your phone, we will take you to Google to authorize Windows Phone to access your account."
I click "Connect", the screen flickers and some loading indicator shows up for half a second and then takes me back to the "To add Google to your phone..."

Anyone else that has this issue.
Best Regards

Mikael Alfredsson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, and thanks for teh replies.

So its not only me then..phew ;)
It wouldn't be that you're on WiFi and maybe that page is getting blocked for some strange reason?
Tried on both wifi and cellular but no luck. Off work in about on hour so Im going to try at home as well later. I'll give you a status update.
I tried to ta add a simple pop/imap account with google credentials and that seemed to work but unfortunaly that only works for mail.

bluedevil121

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I removed my account, can't re create.

I tried adding my other Gmail account to test this thing out and it gave me the same problem. It'll have that prompt and won't do anything after that.

Furthermore, if I use IE to access google, it won't let me. Could it be location based? I'm currently based in Asia. Any help would be appreciated.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine just asked me to re-authorize...for Yahoo mail account as well. Just signed in and everything has worked fine. Same with Facebook.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried adding my other Gmail account to test this thing out and it gave me the same problem. It'll have that prompt and won't do anything after that.

Furthermore, if I use IE to access google, it won't let me. Could it be location based? I'm currently based in Asia. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm the same. IE says the certificate is not available but i click go to website anyway. I have tried changing my settings to show desktop and mobile but no joy

Mikael Alfredsson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Resolved!! For me atleast.
Check your date and time-settings (i.e. current time and date). Mine were resetted during the upgrade (or with me trying to get the correct format for the clock) which probably caused Google to be a bit upset and deny the request.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Resolved!! For me atleast.
Check your date and time-settings (i.e. current time and date). Mine were resetted during the upgrade (or with me trying to get the correct format for the clock) which probably caused Google to be a bit upset and deny the request.

Genius! I saw that my date was 2am but never twigged on!!

Mikael Alfredsson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive should have noticed earlier and gotten more suscipicious when I got an SMS right after the update were done. The incoming text was not at the bottom (date/time order).
Instead it was between some old texts from a couple of weeks ago.
Arrrggghhh... would have saved me so much time if I had just checked what the date and time were currently set to... :(

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Check your date and time, it might be incorrect. I had the same issue, and after I manually fixed the time and date (it was incorrect after the update) everything went good.

Hope it will help.

jtran51

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Good to see that you solved it.

For those that date & time changes didn't fix the problem of "requires attention", if you are using a free Google Apps account with a custom domain, it doesn't appear that WP8.1 is syncing with contacts and calendars. You can go into the email app > settings > advanced settings > and turn off contact/calendar sync to get rid of the notification.

mikeyjames

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Removing calendar and contacts at least allows mail download. But I use Google Calendar for work.

I'm in Australia - is this another example of MS assuming that people in the USA are the only one's who want full functionality on their phones?:angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077