NO Facebook Instagram in Action Center

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have updated to WIndowsphone 8.1 and in action centre theres no apps exept native one like messaging calls mail n store.. facebook updated but still its not showing up there and nor any other app

Jorlon

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and Instagram may need to update their apps to support it. I checked the action center settings and the only apps listed there to show notifications for me is battery, gmail, hotmail, messages, phone, store and WPC.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Facebook and Instagram may need to update their apps to support it. I checked the action center settings and the only apps listed there to show notifications for me is battery, gmail, hotmail, messages, phone, store and WPC.

after wp8.1 update facebook app just got updated.. and in Build JOe showed his phone has instagram in action centre

Jorlon

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
It is possible that he was using a different build of Instagram to show off the feature and Instagram would then have to release the update at a later time, only thing I can come up with.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. No third party apps are listed in the notification+actions section of settings. I've opened up multiple apps and received notifications on them, but they do not pop up in the notification center.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Until you receive a notification from that app it won't show up in the Action Center settings. Guess it's a bug, but that seems to be how it works.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried re-installing the Facebook app and had no success with it appearing in the Notification Center, however, the Facebook Beta app is now showing up. Don't know if this helps someone else, but it looks like only the Facebook Beta app supports the notification center.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried re-installing the Facebook app and had no success with it appearing in the Notification Center, however, the Facebook Beta app is now showing up. Don't know if this helps someone else, but it looks like only the Facebook Beta app supports the notification center.

You have to get a notification from the app before it appears.....but for me the official fb app and official IG app are temperamental.....maybe they need to update their apps for windows 8.1. And Windows also need to update its own notification center

nikolas88

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Until you receive a notification from that app it won't show up in the Action Center settings. Guess it's a bug, but that seems to be how it works.

It's not bug. The system cannot know which apps fire notifications until the app fires notification for a first time, because apps are not updated for WP 8.1. Instead of waiting for an app to be updated, Microsoft decided to wait just for a first notification fired by the app. For those apps written for WP 8.1 (currently only built in apps), the system doesn't have to wait for a first notification. I think they handle this very intelligently.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Remember you have to have the toast notifications for the app you want enabled.

Just live tile update will not work. You need to have toast notifications enabled. Then after the first notification it will start showing up in the notifications management screen.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not bug. The system cannot know which apps fire notifications until the app fires notification for a first time, because apps are not updated for WP 8.1. Instead of waiting for an app to be updated, Microsoft decided to wait just for a first notification fired by the app. For those apps written for WP 8.1 (currently only built in apps), the system doesn't have to wait for a first notification. I think they handle this very intelligently.
I think it is for backward compatibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium