Huawei W1 not getting Windows Phone 8.1

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, this sets things apart.
I was rather looking forward to Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers, but sadly I get the error "The update was downloaded, but it couldn't be opened".

Seems like Huawei W1 isn't going to accept the Windows Phone 8.1 update at all.
Anyone else having this issue?:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

BlMNYpYIUAA6wR2.jpg

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
AFAICT there's only one way to download this update and it's on Wi-Fi, so you shouldn't use the airplane mode. Plus you can turn off mobile data and without turning on the airplane mode! Maybe that's what happening!

Harris Aleem

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
dude ...were u able to solve the problem coz i'm getting the same issue...(lumia 520)
Edit: my update actually doesnt even download...it just says that the update couldnt be downloaded and gives an error code::

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You may be missing an update that is older than 8.1. Try searching for an update with Preview for Developers deactivated.

I got this problem updating a brand new out-of-the-box 925. It was showing identical error. In my haste, I immediately downloaded and activated Preview for Developers and then searched for the update. This error showed up at the end of the 8.1 download. What I realized was that I was updating from Amber straight to 8.1. I then deactivated Preview for Developers and did another search for update. The phone found GDR3/Lumia Black. I updated to Black, then activated Preview and updated to 8.1 successfully.

Hope it helps

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You may be missing an update that is older than 8.1. Try searching for an update with Preview for Developers deactivated.

I got this problem updating a brand new out-of-the-box 925. It was showing identical error. In my haste, I immediately downloaded and activated Preview for Developers and then searched for the update. This error showed up at the end of the 8.1 download. What I realized was that I was updating from Amber straight to 8.1. I then deactivated Preview for Developers and did another search for update. The phone found GDR3/Lumia Black. I updated to Black, then activated Preview and updated to 8.1 successfully.

Hope it helps

No updates available with Developer Preview disabled.

matejm1994

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem. And I have Huawei Ascend W2. Did you find any solutions? I tried all, hard and soft reset, and some other things, but no sucess.

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe at this point it's save to say everyone with Huawei devices is affected by this issue. All we can do is wait for MS to release a fix for the update. Well... apart from following some Chinese gibberish via Google Translate and most likely brick your device in the process... :winktongue:

matejm1994

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I believe at this point it's save to say everyone with Huawei devices is affected by this issue. All we can do is wait for MS to release a fix for the update. Well... apart from following some Chinese gibberish via Google Translate and most likely brick your device in the process... :winktongue:

Yeah... So, we will just wait now. I hope MS or Huawei fix this quickly... if not, then I would change phone for Lumia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo