Something wrong with Facebook

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've just installed WP8.1 and. unfortunately, I've got some issues with Facebook. Previously, I had had only the Facebook Beta app, and somehow it didn't work right when I updated. The People hub worked just like in 8.0 and Cortana didn't accept any commands for it. Then, I decided to download the normal Facebook app, as I thought that one would have better integration. So, I logged out of the Beta app and then went to Store and downloaded the normal one. However, after it finished installing, I can't open it. If I pin it to the Start screen it is greyed out and won't open. I've tried to reinstall it, but I get the same result. Any ideas?

Last edited:

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Okay, never mind. After doing another THREE reinstalls, it works. However, it's still not fully integrated. The People hub takes me to the app now when I try to post a status, but Cortana still has no idea what I'm talking about (basically, none of the commands shown at Build work). Is this because she's still in Beta or is there something wrong with my phone? Does Cortana integrate with Facebook on your phone? :D

danelliott

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Had to uninstall beta and then reinstall the non-beta. Once I did this one of the options was to connect it to the people hub. Once I checked that I had full integration.

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
For some reason mine won't allow me to link accounts to Facebook but I do get the news feed. I've uninstalled both Facebook versions. Then rebooted and reinstalled the official Facebook app.

I guess a little patience was needed. Mine is now syncing properly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720