XboxMusic....

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
How do I get rid of the horrrible green?
No seriously: it seems to be considerably slower on my 620 than the old music app...
Any ideas how to make it respond faster?

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It will stay slower than the old version since now it's an app so it's not always in memory. But it's really toooooo slow!!! It takes like 15 minutes to load my list of artists and albums everytime I load the app... I'm sad...

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It ignores my ID3 album arts for some interprets and it (i guess) downloaded some weird not-matching random **** instead. Great. Someone in MS thought like this "Hmmm, someone spent hours by making his collection perfect with album arts included. Screw him! Download some random crap instead! It will be fun, trust me!"

anon(8504076)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
It ignores my ID3 album arts for some interprets and it (i guess) downloaded some weird not-matching random **** instead. Great. Someone in MS thought like this "Hmmm, someone spent hours by making his collection perfect with album arts included. Screw him! Download some random crap instead! It will be fun, trust me!"

There is a checkbox somewhere which says "get album data from the internet" or something like that Read it in WPC Forums but can't remember the thread anyway hope that I'm helpful

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That is what I was looking for everywhere in menu and settings. It's nowhere. Funny is that when I delete all my music, run Music app to register it's empty, switch into Airplane mode and load with music again, it add it into library with the same crap album art. Even in airplane mode switched on. So it's digged somewhere in for ever.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, with me it seems to work fine, afaict all pics and id-tags of the music are mine. It fails to find some tags just like the old app did.
One good thing about the new app is that playlists can now be edited.
I wish there was a live tile though; you know, the green...

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
just use mpa tool and get stuff ...lockscreen background while playing is still from the image you got in mpatool ..in app images can be from xbox.but yeah more or less sucks...... got to find a new app pnce the store is online

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've always had my music collection tagged by mp3tag on my PC first before loading it into the phone. When i ran the xbox music app after update, i had no problems with tags or album art.

I know it's a workaround that may take some work, but maybe your music collection could use some organizing. :p highly recommend mp3tag though... :)

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your advices, they are all good enough just for my grandma.

I have it all tagged correctly with mp3tag. I did some research. When I upload for the first time (this is critical because it stays stored somewhere for future) in airplane mode, all album arts are correct. After switching internet online, its immediately replaced with crap. I wrote about it here in MS Preview forum:

Album arts replaced with some random pics in WP 8.1

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It will stay slower than the old version since now it's an app so it's not always in memory. But it's really toooooo slow!!! It takes like 15 minutes to load my list of artists and albums everytime I load the app... I'm sad...
This just totally sucks....same with me. The old music client was fast and worked fine, not the new one in 8.1 is slow as heck and reloads everything every time you start it. What a huge huge disappointment for me since I use my phone for music a lot. I have my whole collection on it (12,000 mp3s) . If they don't improve this, this may seriously be enough for me to consider an iPhone where music interface is still a priority.

RyanMac4203

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced an issue when pinning albums to the start screen? After literally an hour of the Xbox Music app "discovering" my songs (have like, 6500 loaded on my SD card in my Lumia 521), I went about my usual routine of pinning my current favourites. To my horror, they all show the same art as the latest one I pin. Without fail. Restarting doesn't fix the issue. I'm pretty bummed.

EDIT: Just got the same results from my Lumia 920. Could not be more disappointed right now.

Last edited:

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced an issue when pinning albums to the start screen? After literally an hour of the Xbox Music app "discovering" my songs (have like, 6500 loaded on my SD card in my Lumia 521), I went about my usual routine of pinning my current favourites. To my horror, they all show the same art as the latest one I pin. Without fail. Restarting doesn't fix the issue. I'm pretty bummed.

EDIT: Just got the same results from my Lumia 920. Could not be more disappointed right now.

Strange... Pinning albums works fine on my 1020. Although now it seems to be stuck on finding music... I can load the list of album, but the list of artists won't load anymore... I guess they still need to fix a few things about the music app...

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Same experience here, even after I edited it with mp3tag. Why in the world did I ever think thre music experience was going to get better in 8.1.

And here I thought I was the only person encountering this, since so many people seem to laud the Xbox Music app. I miss the old built in music app so much after today.

There is a checkbox somewhere which says "get album data from the internet" or something like that Read it in WPC Forums but can't remember the thread anyway hope that I'm helpful

There was an option in WP8 with the built in music app to turn it off. That option is not present in Xbox Music on the phone (yet it is on Windows 8.1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte