Ativ s 8.1 preview...camera is broken...?

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I would like to confirm the issue with the camera on the T899M version. Entering camera and/or video several times shuts down the lens and camera app menu all together. Not only can you take no pictures/videos - - only black screen is visible - - you can't enter the camera's settings menu either. Hard reset does not fix it. Only a reboot takes care of problem, until camera dies again. Clearly a very serious glitch/bug and, I am wondering if we need to wait for Samsung's official firmware for this to be corrected?

gs

I'm guessing we'll have to wait.

Damn it, I should have waited and not updated. I KNEW something like this would happen.

vervester

Nov 18, 2013
plus.google.com
Mine does something similar. It will black screen when changing the resolution settings. Only fix is to reboot. The video is usually ok as far as I can tell but if you keep changing it will always eventually black screen. Must be something to do with the way it handles changes to the cameras resolution and some devices must be more sensitive to it than others. I'd be interested to see if anyone can continually keep changing resolution without this happening?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone who have problem with camera try to change phone language to English. Camera will probably work fine.

I've had both my T899M's set to English USA since I got them. Camera issue exists. The driver isn't compatible with WP8.1, we'll have to wait for an update.

This issue shows why we need the OEMs to cooperate on OS upgrades. Drivers will break and need updating. Quite unfortunate.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm similar problems with the camera. A hard reset doesn't fix the problem, so it is definitely firmware related.
Definitely firmware. Hard reset yesterday didn't fix. Hopefully neither Samsung nor the carriers will drag their heels in providing the firmware update. I am still enjoying the 8.1 update,though.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had both my T899M's set to English USA since I got them. Camera issue exists. The driver isn't compatible with WP8.1, we'll have to wait for an update.

This issue shows why we need the OEMs to cooperate on OS upgrades. Drivers will break and need updating. Quite unfortunate.
I agree

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
hello there. no mather how i use flash (on off auto) , after i take a photo it flashes one more time. anyone tried?
Same here on i8750. Soft reset and/or battery pull help only for a short time, video spoils it . Guess we'll have to wait for a better photo app from MS or better drivers from Samsung.
Rest of 8.1 works great, especially since many apps are getting updated now. Still very happy with it :smile:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Definitely firmware. Hard reset yesterday didn't fix. Hopefully neither Samsung nor the carriers will drag their heels in providing the firmware update. I am still enjoying the 8.1 update,though.
Alas, for a developer's preview, I doubt they'll be in any hurry to release a patch since this is not a consumer release.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
im having the flash issue too. hoping itll be part of the next 8.1 update instead of a firmware update...since this issue has only started ever since 8.1 was updated!

vervester

Nov 18, 2013
plus.google.com
Still broke here, try messing with the resolution settings for a minute. If it passes that test then I guess it's fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
i received an update to samsung app "extra settings" and the camera is working fine now!
Also received the extra settings update, but it's not in the app update list now, and on the store it's still a version of August 2013! And camera still broken. Taking pictures after changing resolution results in a crash and restart :unhappysweat:

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
After 8.1 new update camera did still have the flash-after-photo problem, but today I have made about 40 photo's with the standard camera app without a problem! No flash-after-photo, no black screen. So I'll dispense from making video's for the time being :amaze:. Hope it lasts until Samsung installs improved drivers.

Edit: improved drivers in FW 2424.14.9.3, now camera is OK:excited:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo