Ativ s 8.1 preview...camera is broken...?

Dum3

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else got the problem?Had official GDR3,updated to 8.1 preview,restarted everything ok,everything else works as expected except camera ,it tries to enter application and then immediatly exits,pressing hardware button does the same,i had proshot installed too and it doesn't start either,u guys have camera working fine on 8.1 preview?

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just had an issue with the camera. I made a camera shortcut on the 'quick actions'...I then tried selecting the camera app from there, it only gave me a black screen with the camera interface. bug for sure. I removed the camera from quick action list, rebooted, thank God camera works!

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues on my ATIV S T899M.

If I open the camera then select videos and then go out of the camera it will no longer work until I reboot the phone. If I never switch to video mode it works fine.

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
for me the camera works kina slow when i switch betwen video burst and camera [i need to wait 2-3 sec till it switch and it doesnt show me black screen]

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
for me the camera works kina slow when i switch betwen video burst and camera [i need to wait 2-3 sec till it switch and it doesnt show me black screen]

Have you tried switching to video mode and then closing the camera app and then re-opening it? Try doing this 2-3 times in a row.

Which ATIV S model do you have? i8750 or T899?

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried switching to video mode and then closing the camera app and then re-opening it? Try doing this 2-3 times in a row.

Which ATIV S model do you have? i8750 or T899?
i8750
and yes i did still works but it takes 5 sec till the camera switch from black screen to display.. the only problem is the slow loading of the function and that i have flash even when i mark no flash
sorry for bad english :p

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
i8750
and yes i did still works but it takes 5 sec till the camera switch from black screen to display.. the only problem is the slow loading of the function and that i have flash even when i mark no flash

Your english is fine.

We have different models. Maybe the i8750 isn't effected while the T899M is. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.
The camera will work 1 or 2 times after switching to video mode but I haven't had it go 3 times. Not being able to use video mode without rebooting afterwards is very annoying.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues on my ATIV S T899M.

If I open the camera then select videos and then go out of the camera it will no longer work until I reboot the phone. If I never switch to video mode it works fine.
I spoke too soon earlier...recorded a video and switched to camera shot...black screen. This happened from shortcut in notifications.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
T899 or i8750?

I wonder if a hard reset would fix this. Such a pain. At least 8.1 can restore your start screen!
T899,Rogers,unlocked. I rebooted the phone and when I opened the camera with the physical button, everything worked fine. may still do a hard reset when I have more time tomorrow, just to start fresh. i'm still loving the update.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
T899,Rogers,unlocked. I rebooted the phone and when I opened the camera with the physical button, everything worked fine. may still do a hard reset when I have more time tomorrow, just to start fresh. i'm still loving the update.

Yeah rebooting fixes it temporarily. But switching to video mode will cause it to stop working until your reboot again. If not the first time then the second or third time you go to video mode.

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i8750

hello there. no mather how i use flash (on off auto) , after i take a photo it flashes one more time. anyone tried?

I have a T899M and my camera flash "after" the picture is taken, even with flash turned off.
The picture is all dark as if I never used flash because the flash comes late.
If I enable flash, it flashes 3 times (instead of twice as it is supposed two).

It seems to be flashing once after the picture is saved regardless of what setting I use.
I'm guessing this won't get fixed until Samsung puts out a firmware update when 8.1 comes out officially.

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
We have different models. Maybe the i8750 isn't effected while the T899M is. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.
The camera will work 1 or 2 times after switching to video mode but I haven't had it go 3 times. Not being able to use video mode without rebooting afterwards is very annoying.

I have same problem, and I did hard reset, but didn't help. :(
Only rebooting temporary solves the problem (until tapping to "Video" option again), so video function is useless with this bug present.

p.s. I have i8570.

Last edited:

gilnfld

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I would like to confirm the issue with the camera on the T899M version. Entering camera and/or video several times shuts down the lens and camera app menu all together. Not only can you take no pictures/videos - - only black screen is visible - - you can't enter the camera's settings menu either. Hard reset does not fix it. Only a reboot takes care of problem, until camera dies again. Clearly a very serious glitch/bug and, I am wondering if we need to wait for Samsung's official firmware for this to be corrected?

gs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium