AT&T Tap to pay

Sameeris7860

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So activated the NFC setting on my phone to do so but not a clue how to use it, got the secure sim from AT&T for my Lumia 920 and did update to wp8.1

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
tried checking the wallet app?? Curious about this as well. I know AT&T supports ISIS for mobile payments. I am waiting for a reply from ISIS about this...

On the good side, ISIS was supposed to be supported with the lumia icon, but is was a pending feature. I think this is what they may have been waiting for.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
First of all, you need a SIM with a secure payment element, which you almost definitely do not have unless you specifically ask for it. Second, in 8.1 I believe the payment stuff is now offloaded to an app (my guess is in order to enable things like Isis) so I think you need to wait for that app.

Last edited:

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
First of all, you need a SIM with a secure payment element, which you almost definitely do not have unless you specifically ask for it. Second, in 8.1 I believe the payment stuff is not offloaded to an app (my guess is in order to enable things like Isis) so I think you need to wait for that app.

I assume you mean that it will be offloaded?

Fat chance of anyone actually being able to use tap to pay if it relies on mobile operators then :( ISIS has been around for years already and all we have is a vague hint of two US operators thinking about maybe trialling it...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I assume you mean that it will be offloaded?

Fat chance of anyone actually being able to use tap to pay if it relies on mobile operators then :( ISIS has been around for years already and all we have is a vague hint of two US operators thinking about maybe trialling it...

Isis went nationwide late last year, with support from AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.... Now, the issue is the app needed only supports IOS and Android atm.... but they did mentiontion WP8 support, and it was even mentioned when the Lumia Icon launched.

To get your secured sim....
https://www.paywithisis.com/get-sim.html

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Isis went nationwide late last year, with support from AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.... Now, the issue is the app needed only supports IOS and Android atm.... but they did mentiontion WP8 support, and it was even mentioned when the Lumia Icon launched.

Sadly, the USA is only one very small part of the world in the grand scheme of things...

tEhLoNeR

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

You know how long they take to mail you a sim card? I completed this form a while back and I haven't gotten anything yet.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a lot of conjecture on this so far, without anyone actually having a SIM or making an attempt, so tomorrow I'm going to do just that.

Getting a secure SIM is easy-- just visit an AT&T store and ask for one. I've already set up my Wallet stuff, and I've enabled tap to pay on my Lumia 1020.

So, the next step after getting my SIM is making a trip somewhere and trying it out. I'll come back and post the results tomorrow.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, so, with Windows Phone 8.1 and a Secure SIM, we are still missing the ISIS app and support to use this functionality.

However, unofficial channels report that ISIS is working on building a Windows Phone app. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

However, it gets worse... even if we get ISIS support, it's only supported by a very small number of banks and cards-- American Express, Chase, and Wells Fargo, and only certain card types from those banks.

So bottom line-- it's a pretty infant-stage technology, and most of us can expect to not use it for at least the next few years.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Well, it's not like there's enough places it can be accepted at to be entirely mainstream for a few years anyway. My Amex supports tap-to-pay just with the card itself so I look for the readers, but I've only seen them at McDonald's and CVS. I hate to say it, but I kind of hope the iPhone gets NFC payments so that this stuff gets implemented faster. I'd love to be able to get rid of most of the cards from my wallet that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire