Lumia 920 bricked after upgrade

wazzerd

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks!

Thanks so much WPCentral for posting news about Windows Phone, I really enjoy visiting your site!

Today I signed up as an developer and installed WP 8.1. My phone was migrating some apps and such. When I came back, I noticed the screen was black. So I turned the screen on and tried to unlock it for like 10 minutes. The screen was working fine, but it didn't respond to any kind of touch input. I couldn't even turn the phone off the normal way. So I googled and did a soft reset by pressing the volume buttons + power for 10 seconds, after this the phone turned off but didn't restart. Now I can't seem te get it back on. It doesn't even respond to the charger anymore. The battery was like 90% so that shouldn't be a problem either. Tried to connect it to my Windows 8.1 laptop but that doesn't work either. My phone just turned into a very expensive stone. It's very disappointing for me since I did not ever have any problem at all with my device, it worked so well... I just was too excited and couldn't keep myself from installing the supposedly nice update...

Please, is there any way to get some signs of life from my beloved 920? :crying:

Thanks so much for your support folks!

wazzerd

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After messing around, and even trying the Nokia repair software as mentioned above, I tried to press camera + volume down + power until I felt an vibrate, then I only released the power button and kept pressing the volume down & camera button. It booted up and continued to migrate data. Now the phone works again! This is a huge relieve for me ^^

Thanks so much :)

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in gear hell right now. been this way for the last 45 mins. Progress bar move about 2 cm and stuck there. Tried a soft reboot. No go. Thia happened on the last update too. Had to do a hard reset with Navi desktop image.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
My 920 updted this morning took about 30 mins & when it rebooted nothing changed it was still the old os, it then said i had another update to download which i did, this time it took 2 hours to complete the update )thought id bricked it after the first 40 mins) the 1 hour 20 to migrate data, but now it all work mint i have everything i should in 8.1 it just took a long time

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I updated my phone on monday it's been working fine.
Now all of a sudden at 80% battery it died.... it's not switching on.... hard reset not working... I'm panicing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon