Error Code 80070005

danygandhi

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
1. Microsoft account will not sync. Says Attention required with Hotmail error code 80070005.
2. Wont update apps
3. Wont install apps with same error code.
4. Cortana would not load saying "Its taking me longer than i expected to calibrate things to my satisfaction. You can try again now or come back later."

Please help!!!

sukku

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Any one with ideas to fix this , I see no updates or installations happe:cry::crying:ning either. So my Maps, Drive etc etc doesn't work :(

Last edited:

Missle1978

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Email wont update, most apps wont update, when in settings if i click on battery it does nothing. Dont wanna do a soft or hard reset as i dont think that will solve the problem. Any help??????????

TuPham Tupham

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem here. After a night, I woke up and all happened.
Apps Store can't update.
Cortana takes too long blabla.
Hotmail can't sync.
And some more.
Maybe it's a new issue and I can't find any solution so far. Hope that it will be fixed soon.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
These issues might be related to the store.. Give it until tomorrow :) The last time people complained about the store it was back up and running in a matter of hours

Dare2Blink

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Im still getting the same error on my girlfriends 720 everytime I try to sync her Hotmail account or install/update any app. However my 1020 has so such issues. What is going on

Akash Srivastava2

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
so guys, here is the solution. You need to ensure your data is backed up by looking up in settings and then backup. The next thing you need to do is go to settings and then open about section and then reset your phone. you will go through the spinning gears again and then you will be seeing a screen to set up ur phone as it was the first time u bought. it will ask you to verify your accounts including hotmail and then restore your backup to phone (apps take about 20-30 mins to restore with wifi) and ta daa ur phone will be free of errors. I did not lose much of the data only some photos as my phone restored to a 5 day before backup and some third party apps i deployed using sdks thats it. and yes! the version will still remain windows phone 8.1 without errors!

Hope it helps. Tried myself on my 520

Quy Luong

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

You should reset the phone to get the apps again.

Use Setting>About>Reset your phone. You should backup data before reset and restore it after reset.

Good luck!

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
A reset should not be seen as a solution to a problem guys. it is a workaround that totally sucks especially in those cases where you don't have control over backups like on windows phone. because its not a backup but a "we try to find all information we have stored for you in onedrive and try to reinstall your system somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720