windows phone 8.1 experience on lumia 520

anon(6086216)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
After upgrade mine was little laggy but after hard reset it's really smooth, just like on WP8. The only app which is laggy it's Music, i see "resuming" screen really often. Really hope to see an update shortly.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
After upgrade mine was little laggy but after hard reset it's really smooth, just like on WP8. The only app which is laggy it's Music, i see "resuming" screen really often. Really hope to see an update shortly.

good to see positive reviews, the forums have been flooded by negative reviews about 8.1 on 520. So i presume that one has to do hard reset to clear out the 8.0 junk, and then it becomes smooth. Good. But the music app is really a bad move, native apps never require the loading screen, but now they've made it into a separate app, its going to be hard to make it faster while resuming.

anon(6086216)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
good to see positive reviews, the forums have been flooded by negative reviews about 8.1 on 520. So i presume that one has to do hard reset to clear out the 8.0 junk, and then it becomes smooth. Good. But the music app is really a bad move, native apps never require the loading screen, but now they've made it into a separate app, its going to be hard to make it faster while resuming.
Good that Music is now store app so maybe we will get update shortly.

tomahan

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My 520 appears to be bricked after attempting the 8.1 upgrade. The spinning gear screen has been going on continuously for over 12 hours now, Any clues what can be done to clear this up or is my phone bricked?

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
installed on a 520 spare phone i had lying around. i started fresh, hard reset before updating, and another hard reset after updating. device battery life is dwindling, today on a full charge without the simcard in (i had my sim in my primary phone) the battery only lasted 8 hours before it reached 15% so that's roughly 10.5% of battery usage per hour with airplane mode. when i used it i heats up like nobody's business. and it crashed a lot. more than it used to. before this on 8.0 it will crash once a week at least but now it crashes almost 2-3 times a day. maybe because of the small ram but on a similar device an L620 that my gf owns, its going smoothly with only the lockscreen lag. but i guess as far as the cost of this phone, people cant complaint much.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
It's been working fine on mine. I use it as an mp3 player so I've only really played with Cortana and Music on it. Once they release the updated Music app I'll be very happy.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well one thing I have noticed is that storing apps on the SD card makes the is slow 🐌 and may,if not always cause a reboot, rescanning of the SD card , and other issues, just yesterday the my phone just popped a menu saying format SD card, I tried everything to see if I could save some of my stored files but nothing, I lost everything, and after that I had to reset the phone and start everything over again,but this time I stored apps and new downloads on phone and stored music,video and podcast and photos on SD card, so I suggest you move back your apps to the phone and maybe you could just leave some heavy games on the SD card

explorador75

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
What is the model and the branch of the micro sd card. Cause nine is working fine. I got a scan disk for mobile specific for 1520 64 GB
Still no problem. At first was slow . Now is fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium