WP8.1: List of Transparent Tiles

Erk1209

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The WPCentral app icon isn't always transparent for now... I guess they need to update the app. It's transparent until you get a notification, then it becomes opaque for a couple of minutes, then goes back to transparent...

This is what I've observed as well.

Has anyone found a transparent weather app?

Erk1209

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Using the new app Blue Skies and it works just fine, looks great with transparent live tile. Also a very clean and functional app, great for initial release.

Blue Skies is indeed transparent. Anyone seen any others? Blue Skies is clean and functional but I'd like a little more information on the live tile like highs/lows and maybe a quicker live tile update rate than every three hours.

Thanks!

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Using the new app Blue Skies and it works just fine, looks great with transparent live tile. Also a very clean and functional app, great for initial release.

Blue Skies does not properly work everywhere unfortunately.. Not working at all in France (don't know for the rest of the Europe)... Any other weather app with transparent tile ?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What did you do to make it live? It does not work on me? Any tips? Though not big deal to me with transparent tiles but having that just a bonus. Just look my start screen look more beautiful!

I already mentioned what I did to make it live. I didn't do anything else, simply followed what Daniel said.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I already mentioned what I did to make it live. I didn't do anything else, simply followed what Daniel said.

It's "partially" working. Everytime I open the app and check the news, the tile looses its transparency for a few minutes before becoming transparent again. there's something to fix here.

Red920

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Week View 8 (after recent update)

I'm not sure if I'll use it too much (after the update to the native calendar), but I like the month tile at least, and this now looks nice next to the native calendar.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Baconit
SimpiRSS
HDR Photo Camera
SysApp Pusher
Quick Settings (tiles: wifi, data, flashlight, etc)
MeTweets (very soon)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just chime in here, my apps VBA8 and VGBC8 have been updated to support transparent small tile, it can be activated in settings -> general.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
WPCENTRAL has no transparent tiles too or only mine? I've seen Daniel showing 8.1 with transparent tiles on wpcetral. I paid on the app btw!

The WPCentral app only turns transparent temporarily when you just let it sit there. Once you enter the app, to check the news for example, it once again turns to the accent color. Leave it alone again and it becomes transparent. I know that Jay Bennett knows that the app does this and posted this in another thread:

You are using a preview for developers which is not yet fully supported by apps. We will be updating in due time. For now please try using the iconic tile style in our app

So it looks like what we have here for now is the temporary solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb