My Gmail Stop Working with WP8.1!

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
My gmail stop sycing after the update today. I personally dont like google for his anti customer stuff but I uses my gmail as my junk mail which is somewhat important to me bc I have my pizza hut, Netflix,fandango accounts...etc. Anyways I get this error

ERROR CODE: 80190193

Any thoughts in how to fix it ? :) thank you :wink:

df608

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My Gmail stop working before the update. After the update I thought everything was working because all mail downloaded. I decided to refresh after reading your post, I have the same problem.

I don't know why these two companies just can't get along already. I guess I will have access Gmail through the browser.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was having this same issue, I discovered in my case that it has something to do with Google Calendar, as soon as I disabled syncing for Google Calendar, I was able to pull in my emails and contacts. If anyone has any ideas on a fix, that would be great.

LL cooL

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and fixed it by changing the Calendar server address from "apidata.googleusercontent.com" to "www.google.com" :smile: (No quotes)

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
fixed!!! fixed!!! thank u all for the help. yes un check the calendar and changing the Calendar server address from "apidata.googleusercontent.com" to "www.google.com"

fixes this. then check ur calendar agian: oh...u have to check the calender to change the address

TMorss

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Google never broke it. I am a Surface Pro 2 user and former Windows Phone User. I will not go back to the WP Platform until they get better integration with Google. The whole "it's Google's Fault" is a total cop out. Anyone who knows anything about software knows that Google uses an open source protocol called Cal Dav and Card Dav for syncing. It is Microsoft that will not allow it to work. I loved WP OS but not syncing with the most widely web services is just plain dumb.

And the whole "use Microsoft services then" is another silly argument. There is just as much competition between Apple and Google and even Apple understands that in order to move devices they have to work with all services not just their own. Sorry to rant but it is such a flawed business model and sadly somewhere in a Boardroom they are scratching their heads wondering why they are struggling with market share.

Again I lovvvveeee WP OS but man they need to figure this out.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I had trouble getting it to connect in settings it said "Attention Needed" but would try to connect and it didn't do it, just went back to settings. I deleted the account from the phone and tried to re-add it. Again Google failed. I waited a few minutes and tried it again and was able to set it up and sync without messing with the calendar.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and fixed it by changing the Calendar server address from "apidata.googleusercontent.com" to "www.google.com" :smile: (No quotes)

Seems to work but, I will continue using my Microsoft account for calendar for now, seems Cortana has a glitch where she can only add events to that calendar when it clearly shows the name of my Google Calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett