Nokia Lumia Icon: Battery drain and phone running hot after Windows 8.1

Trevin Colburn

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So I updated to 8.1 on my Nokia Lumia Icon at around 12 MST and after it was all installed and the phone reset, my phone began to get hot really quickly while idling and the battery drained from 60% to 18% within two hours. I've set all syncing to "manual", turned off 4g, bluetooth, etc. to no avail. When into Usage and blocked all background programs and I also held the back button and killed all of the apps running. After that I tried deleting my accounts (in case one was stuck syncing) and deleted all third party apps with the hope that one was having some sort of issue with the new OS but after 7 hours of hoping that the phone would snap out of it, nothing changes. I can't go through the day with a blazing hot phone and 3 hours of battery life, can anyone help?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Within an hour, my phone has gone from 100% to 49% I honestly don't know. I just hope it gets fixed or something..

driftpod

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for my L820, it gets really hot when i have 4G, Wifi and Location turned on at the same time. Hope there's a fix soon.

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i''m having the same problem with my 925. It is warm when idle and blazing hot when I use it.

It lost 35% of its charge in about 45mins.

I don't believe the Battery Saver app gives us any indication of what it might be because that program only tracks app battery usage. Not other usage from wifi/cellular/bluetooth etc.

Oussi

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
the moment I turn off location the phone cools and the battery went to normal usage but then you loose cortana
using a lumia 920

UzEE

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Facing the same issue on my Lumia 920. The worst part is that we can't even downgrade back to 8 now. Battery dies up withing 2 to 3 hours from a full charge and the phone is blazing hot.

Ironically, the new Battery Sense app is no help at all.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
mostly because of spamming using location, cortana use location when searching, there for it will use it when you open cortana
microsoft should allow to use cortana without location, but since it is beta, i think this thing will be fixed soon
data doesn't use when you open both, but data use up battery when you open both
i suggest you to only open wifi or data only

sudocrem

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Camera, or any application that uses the camera, will not open. Battery drains about 1% every 2 or 3 minutes.

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i have tried a hard reset and the camera app is still broken. needless to say the phone is still running hot and draining fast. I'm fairly certain that the 2 problems are related.

i hope Microsoft comes up with a fix soon.... :(

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Mine was hot and using a lot of battery. I did a hard reset without restoring a backup and it's much cooler. Also, the power button delay is a little better and my camera works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb