Ran out of battery during update

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My phone ran out of battery during the 8.1 update (with gears spinning). I tried plugging it into a USB charger but it is like it won't charge. It's stuck at the screen with the battery symbol. What should I do?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My phone ran out of battery during the 8.1 update (with gears spinning). I tried plugging it into a USB charger but it is like it won't charge. It's stuck at the screen with the battery symbol. What should I do?

Use Nokia software update, there are multiple links on WPC that will show you how to reset your phone and then continue with your WP8.1 update

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It's like it won't take a charge. I had it charging via USB for 45 minutes and it still tells me it needs charging. i can't get the exclamation mark either.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Just keep the USB cable connected. The battery symbol means that the battery power is too low for turn on the phone, it needs more charge.

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It recovered all by itself. I'm now running 8.1. Wow, I gotta give Microsoft credit for creating some resiliency in the update. Thanks to everyone who helped me through this!

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss