Hi, VisualTech48 here. Yes we are all happy with the new WP 8.1, it is a really fresh look, feel and all. But honestly, Microsoft made a mistake by my opinion by removing Facebook intergration. When I found out I tought it whouldn't be a big deal to me but it is. Acctualy a huge one. All the photos and messaging trought it is now gone and I feel bad because of it. The notifications were instant and it whould be integrated with the SMS it self. Now we are left with the apps that are not close to good and fast as it was. Not to mention the drafts you could have made for later. But I want to know what do you think? Is it bad, or good?
    04-14-2014 09:52 PM
    I was surprised. It took a little finesse to get the "integration" back with my contacts too. Definitely not very straight-forward.
    04-14-2014 09:54 PM
    Can you explain how you did this?
    04-14-2014 09:56 PM
    Go to Contacts->Settings->Filter Contact List

You can there pick which accounts are added to your contact list.
    04-14-2014 10:01 PM
    this is something I use a lot I think I use my notifications for fb while at work or while out with friends more then any other app because its intergraded and takes literally no time to see just my notifications maybe I took a picture and shared it and now ppl are commenting and I want to only see that with out getting on fb. now I cant do that this is big I don't like how they got rid of this and I really hope once they officially release 8.1 for everyone that it gets added back in. this is so far my only gripe and its a very big one everything else is smooth and I like it but I cant get over how they took this out
    04-15-2014 01:10 AM
    I agree that they should have made sure users are informed that they need to download the 8.1 fb app for integration. But i guess this option is good for those who don't want fb integration. I'm sure there others out there who don't want anything to do with fb.
    04-15-2014 01:44 AM
    I'm not pleased at all with the new facebook system in 8.1

as has been said, it's less streamlined and more cumbersome to use than before. Having FB baked into the OS was wonderful, fast, and efficient. In a sense I "get it," this is how those other OS act right? want to do something? open an app. so those coming over from iOS and android will be more familiar with how things work and won't need to be retrained. But making WP more like the competition doesn't seem like the greatest strategy to me.

Additionally, and I realize this doesn't really apply to many, but for those of us with really terrible eyesight the FB app is unreadable. The font size can't be adjusted and it does not respond to the system-wide high contrast setting. One of the reasons I enjoyed windowsphone so much was because it natively offered large, easy to read options in the OS. The people hub on a dark background theme was a better combined fb and twitter feed experience than anything I'd found in android. If MS can't put FB back the way it was in the people hub they could at least make the FB app more accessible. It's not like they're an independent dev with limited resources and can't afford it. They just haven't bothered.
    04-15-2014 11:49 AM
    What used to be easy to share a video (and video would show on my feed) or a website article (and the article title and first paragraph would show up on my feed) is completely lost and now I'm left with just stupid weblinks!!! Has anyone found a proper way to share like we used to. Even sharing on Facebook's website is horrible but I figured a way to share my video links properly (by adding the link and then Facebook would show the video below and then I would delete the link and write what I wanted to say) but the app is horrible and doesn't allow that work around. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Kha Nhan de Psyko likes this.
    04-15-2014 02:33 PM
    Facebook intergration is one of the best thing I love about Windows Phone. I'm very unhappy now. I seldom use the Facebook app before 8.1, it's really laggy and ugly.
    metaphysicalninja likes this.
    04-15-2014 03:38 PM
    I did a hard reset and now I can't install the Facebook App. I get the 80073cf0 error code. Any idea on how to install the Facebook App? Thanks
    04-15-2014 03:48 PM
    Facebook for WP8.1 is now available, check store or update your current Facebook app (not the BETA).
    04-15-2014 04:12 PM
    I would facebook message friends who don't/cant text a lot on their phones with text messaging, like how you text friends or if they are facebook. Its all gone now, cant even reply. I had to download the messenger app to text some friends. Which isn't that good, I will see them send me a message but it wont show up on the messenger for another minute or so.

Is there a way to bring it back to my text messaging native app?
    04-15-2014 04:22 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure what's up. I'm searching for Facebook in the Store. I had an update for it when I installed 8.1 but I had to do a hard reset. My People hub is useless.
    04-15-2014 05:26 PM
    Facebook integration had been a principle feature of Windows Phone since the start, I remember being so excited about getting Facebook Messenger built into my HTC 7 Mozart when I first got it and now, 4 years and 2 phones later they have removed it. This is so frustrating not just for messenger but for photos as well, I used to be able to choose my lock Screen picture by looking through through mine and other peoples' facebook photos directly within the Photo Hub, I find it highly irritating that I can no longer do that. Windows Phone should be moving forward, not regressing!

I think a fair few people will reconsider sticking with Windows Phone unless Facebook integration is brought back to the OS soon.
    Does anyone know why it was removed?
    08-12-2014 10:48 AM
    I too am very displeased that they are forcing everyone to use the facebook app. I hate it. When I did the update, I checked something which removed the notifications from the people hub. So I removed the fb account and added it back, and now I cant use people hub for anything, whereas before it was removed, I could still use it to post and check in. Now I am forced to use the fb app.

Is it possible to revert back to 8.0, get fb integration back, and then do the 8.1 update again?
    08-17-2014 03:54 PM
    I too am very displeased that they are forcing everyone to use the facebook app. I hate it. When I did the update, I checked something which removed the notifications from the people hub. So I removed the fb account and added it back, and now I cant use people hub for anything, whereas before it was removed, I could still use it to post and check in. Now I am forced to use the fb app.

Is it possible to revert back to 8.0, get fb integration back, and then do the 8.1 update again?
    Even if you revert to wp8, once you load wp8.1 it will disappear again. Windows took it out natively because it was too much work having to recode every time facebook changed their code. They opted to let apps do it itself so users could enjoy many different social tie ins once the apps update. Unfortunately facebook doesn't want people using their chat anymore they want to push people to their chat app. Even so if facebook updates that app it will tie back in.
    08-17-2014 04:03 PM
    I really don't know what I am most annoyed off... The fact that the facebook integration got removed or the fact I had windows phone for 18 months and just discovered I can send facebook messages from text only to lose that a week later by updating to 8.1
    08-17-2014 04:26 PM