Websites that pin as app-looking tiles?

GMaster7

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Updated my 8X to WP 8.1 and am loving the new features and especially the wallpaper functionality.

I saw in the release notes that some websites, if designed for it, now allow themselves to be pinned in such a way that they look like a dedicated app on the home screen, rather than a mere screencap thumbnail of IE. This is a huge win for the OS, because mobile versions of sites that either haven't designed apps for WP8 or haven't designed apps for any OS can essentially have an app-like presence and easily be reached as if they were an app.

I was wondering if you guys knew of a list of sites that worked this way, either here in the forum (though I checked) or in a news story somewhere, or if you'd just stumbled upon any of your favorite sites that have enabled this functionality. Polygon.com is the one that jumps to mind for me - they don't have an app on any OS, but the site now pins as the logo and it looks absolutely great. WPCentral does the same thing, though they have their dedicated app. Any others spring to mind?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss