Nokia Lumia 1520 camera

Chalana Bel-air

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 8.1 and now the camera doesn't work on the phone. When I try the physical button or the camera tile it crashes back to the start screen.

I have attempted about 4 Hard resets and still nothing. Any idea or fixes? Really frustrating. I also believe the flash isnt working because flashlight apps don't work.

Everything was working before the update.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 8.1 and now the camera doesn't work on the phone. When I try the physical button or the camera tile it crashes back to the start screen.

I have attempted about 4 Hard resets and still nothing. Any idea or fixes? Really frustrating. I also believe the flash isnt working because flashlight apps don't work.

Everything was working before the update.

Is this with the default camera application or Nokia Camera?

Chalana Bel-air

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Default is MS, I downloaded Nokia camera and still the same thing.

I'm trying to download another camera up but the store won't let me. It says I'm missing my camera?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Chalana Bel-air

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated again and the same camera issue happened again. The area around the camera is really hot, after the update. I suspect that it is a direct correlation

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
omg thank you so much for the tips to revert back to wp8!

when I updated to wp8.1, the phone was running super hot and draining the battery really fast (2-3 hours dead from full charge). at first I suspected wifi/cellular/bluetooth etc but then I realised the camera app wasn't working either and came to the conclusion the 2 issues were related.

Looks like I will have to wait for the proper release of WP8.1 from my provider. I'm just glad to have a working camera and normal battery consumption again.

Pas

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
my camera doesn't work either. also, i've tried the recovery process described above using the RM-940 rom and it keeps failing. the Care Suite app keeps saying it's lost connection with the device. oh well. i just bought the 1520 yesterday and was talking to the store manager about my issue right before closing time last night. he said i can return it for a new phone today even after i told him i installed the 8.1 update. i'll see how that goes right after lunch.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i have a similiar issue, im gonna downgrade incase any of u guys had any solution after downgarde,pls post after downgrading, would be appreciated :)
i have bad battery drain ,slightly slow phone app and camera issues where itll work prefectly,show pink lines on the screen or distortions flashing pink and white or crashes back to start , did u guys also have the same issues? ps the phone in question is a 720

Chalana Bel-air

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
After downgrading my phone is back to normal. Yesterday I upgraded and downgraded a total of six times, and every time I upgrade the issue happens. I have the RM-940 model. I think it will be best to wait for the actual update to update because this general update is too halfshot for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven